Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum News and Updates

Re: Update on email notification issue for members using Gmail

Thanks for getting me back up to speed with that @Zoe7. Our tech team have advised that they can't identify any changes through Responsive that may have impacted your notifications. While we'd like the forums to be compatible with all email providers, at the moment it looks like it might not be 100% compatible with your provider. As you might imagine, there are thousands of email providers out there and one of the limitations of the platform is that it's not possible to enhance compatibility for all providers. What they have recommended is changing the email account linked to your forums account. I'm mindful you've done this before and it's not ideal because you can't access your other email address all the time. Might there be another email address you could connect to your forum account? I'm really sorry this isn't the solution you're after @Zoe7. Appreciate your understanding. 

As a bit of follow up for the issue you're experiencing @CheerBear and @eth, we're wondering if you're ok with our tech team, logging into the forums with your account?  This will enable them to do some more testing. If you're ok with this, all you need to do is to give us the go ahead here and we'll let them know.

Alternatively, you can provide a screenshot of the "notification settings" tab on the "settings" page. You can post the screenshot here, or email it to us here: team@saneforums.org. Please let us know what would work best for you. 

Hi @Margot. I'm OK with that ☺

Thanks again for looking into it!

Thanks @Margot - I thought it may be the case that there was no real solution for this for me. I would prefer not to have to open another email account just for the forum - I kinda like having all things in one place and that goes for emails as well as ...welll ....everything lol in my life. I tend to only log on when I get email notifications so whilst I may miss some posts I will eventually catch up when I log on and check notifications. I have been doing ok so far with this so we will see how I go in the future and if it becomes more of an issue then I will consider a new email account from a different provider. Thanks for looking into it again anyway Smiley Happy

Hi @Margot I'm ok with the tech team logging on with my account on the condition that all the usual confidential rules apply.  I don't know how to do screenshots sorry.  Thanks for looking into this.

Thanks @CheerBear, I'll let them know. 

Really appreciate your understanding on that @Zoe7. hopefully, in the future, we'll be able to optimise our system for all email addresses. 

Thanks @eth I just want to check in with you about confidentiality. Your information won't be shared with anybody other than our tech team and, as always, SANE staff. Our tech team would only be accessing your account relevant to their testing too. Before I give them the go ahead, just want to double check that this is all ok with you?

That's all ok Margot.

Eth

That's great @eth. We'll drop back in to let you know how the testing goes. Thanks for your patience 🌳

Hi @CheerBear and @eth 

Thanks for your patience so far. We're still trying to figure out what might be happening for you. 

In order to progress our testing, our tech team are wondering if you can identify a specific post you've been tagged in, which contains an image, and for which you haven't been notified (I hope that makes sense). Having a specific example helps them to narrow down the problem. Oh and they're wondering whether you are being notified when you are tagged in a post that includes an emoji?

Once we've got that info, I'll pass it on to them and we'll go from there. Please don't hesitate to let us know if you have any questions. Thanks @eth@CheerBear 🐨

Hi @Margot. That made sense to me ☺

This post in the craft thread is a recent (non gif just in case that makes a difference too) one for me. I double checked emails and it definitely didn't come through at all. 

Posts that include emojis are coming through normally for me.

Thanks again!

Hi @Margot  I can't find one to show you sorry.  The most recent was from Shaz51 on the celebration thread.  It was some time last week and I've forgotten the exact name of the thread.  It's the one where she nominated me to be celebrated.

Thanks for your efforts.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance