Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Former-Member
Not applicable

A weight off my mind and heart

My hopes have been confirmed! 

Turns out he didn't want me out of his life it was just his condition talking.

Now don't get me wrong I know we have a lot more to go through but simply knowing he is okay - is actually seeking help now. He's in hospital by choice and is doing much better - and knowing we are at least still friends makes the world of difference and proves things about the others in our lives sticking thire noses in our relationship were wrong too and that his nasty mother was only saying what she said for her own motives not her son's.

When I got his text I nearly fell off the bed in shock. 

He dasn't want me to visit just yet he wants more time and that's fine but knowing he's out of that dreadful shelter and getting help I feel suddenly lighter! So relieved he is doing OK and wants me in his life - after all his last message a month ago suggested he hated me but that wasn't true. I'm so happy things have shifted forward and I have a clearer understanding where we are. Where I stand. Heck, to even just know that I matter to him means as much to me and is as significant to me as if he'd gone and asked me to marry him. 😂 

Now on to the next stage of worry and progress and maybe setbacks. I SERIOUSLY hope he is reacting better to his medication than I am to mine - I feel quite ill! However my relief and happiness at this moment helps ease the pain. A LOT. 

I've learnt that I was right not the nasty negative people around us and not his terribly dreadful condition. 

7 REPLIES 7

Re: A weight off my mind and heart

This is a huge moment for you @Former-Member! It sounds like it has been a massive rollercoaster over the last few months. ❤️ 

@TuxedoCat 

I'd rather take a nose dive off a real roller-coaster than go through what I have, but when you love someone and they need you,  it makes it all worth it!

He has also helped me make some huge break throughs with my own conditions. Funnily enough being there for me even when he can't be there. Just like with the phone he gave me b4 that's inadvertently saved me many times.

Thank you for your support. We have a long way to go but this is a HUGE step forward for us. 

Hi @Former-Member,

Thank you for the update and sharing your joy with us! It is really nice to read you are in a better headspace around this situation and you have some answers to your questions.

It sounds like your partner just needs some time to understand what is going on with him, get the professional help he needs, and un-jumble his thinking. 

I really am happy for both of you and wish you both nothing but the best.

Warm wishes,

FloatingFeather

@FloatingFeather 

Thank you. 

Yes we are both taking space to look after ourselves as I've learn dreadfully that my condition inadvertently caused his to get leathally worse. It also as you know nearly did the same to me. I have to sort myself out as much as he does. 

We are talking again and I know his last text was just his condition talking and that is where the relief comes from. Knowing he is "ok" and knowing he still wants me in his life.

I'm sure glad I didn't listen to the negative. Had I done so I'd have lost him for sure.

Now I'm finding distraction and joy in the coming holidays starting with Halloween and implementing a very tailored self-help routine and plan. 

The best thing I can do now is not let my conditions ever again affect him. 

I need to get better. 

We have a LONG way to go but we've taken the first step. 

That's all that matters right now.

Awww, Hugs @Former-Member .

Your resilience is admirable.

Thank you for sharing.

tyme

How are you @Former-Member ?

Hello and hugs @Former-Member 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance