Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

outlander
Community Guide

Covid lockdown self care and entertainment suggestions

Hey guys 

At some point over the last year im sure that we've all experienced some sort of lockdown. With the current covid cases rises in basically all states ive noticed many people unsure what to do with themselves. 

So im wondering 'how does everyone care for themselves during a lockdown?' and 'what sorts of activities can you do to entertain yourself or fill in the day?' 

For me i know if im sitting around bored out of my mind i go down hill very quickly so im also trying to find things to fill in the day at home when im not able to do much else. 

So whats everyones favourite 'Stay at Home Activites' 

All suggestions are welcome and none are ever silly! 

Share away 🙂

13 REPLIES 13

Re: Covid lockdown self care and entertainment suggestions

@outlander - listening to music and playing Xbox 

@outlander cooking, exercise (beach walk), decluttering and organising, cleaning, diamond paintings, reading, movies, TV, detail my car, and playing with my dog

What a great ided hon @outlander 

This time is different as I can't go anywhere, so trying to find some things to do at home.

Some things I do are watch tv including my favourite tv shows, baking, going into the backyard and palying with the dog. Have to try and think of some other things to do. Might have to start some cross stitch again.

I'm amazed you have not been inundated with suggestions, @outlander.  

For me, I have been playing online scrabble, walking, getting my too-hard-for-now basket of tasks dealt with and getting everything re-organized, dabbling in gardening, checking in here......and there is always youtube, or relaxing while watching televison or listening to music.  If I had my own home, I would be even busier looking into what improvements I could make..mend the fence, re-edge the garden, fix the broken paving, mow the lawn, weed the garden, grow herbs.

I don't find it too difficult to deal with myself.  

Take care everyone.                    

Hi everyone!

Lockdown 5.0, I want to go for a walk everyday. As much as I really don't want to, I know it'll be good for my MH and wellbeing.

Last lockdown, I said, "it's only 5 days, I'm not going to start a walking routine." Unfortunately, the lockdown got extended....by the end of it, I really felt the impact of over working, not walking, and days of sedantry work in front of a screen. I ended up being angry, frustrated, anxious and tired.

Lesson learnt....no matter if it is only a 1 day lockdown or 1 month lockdown, I'm going to exercise each day.

Funnily enough, the weather was on my side today. Before going out, I checked the weather. It said 2% chance of rain. Lo and behold, after a 20 min walk, it started to rain...hence I had only a short walk....I was cheering inside, because I TOtALLY did NOT feel like walking today! Woohoo!

Try again tomorrow 😝

@outlander @Historylover @Snowie @oceangirl @Fluttershy1 

I've reconnected with finger painting! It's sounds like a joke but it's very relaxing & takes me back to a simpler time 🙃. Keep your eyes peeled for sales at Spotlight 🤗 

great ideas guys 🙂

@outlander @Nomorestigma @BPDSurvivor @Historylover @Snowie 

Great ideas everyone. I'm surprised no one has suggested learning something new like learning to play an instrument. I bought a lap harp through eBay which came with some easy to follow music. Thought I would give it a go. It's also a great time to catch up with friends and family over the internet as we are less likely to be running around doing chores in the community. A good time for self care such as cooking, massages, warm bubble bath, facial etc. Hope you all enjoy your lockdown as best you are able,

Lost9

great ideas @Lost9
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance