Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Judi9877
Community Guide

Daily Achievements!

Hi forum friends! I've decided to start a new thread on Daily Achievements because I suffer from depression as one of my mental illness and that means it's often hard for me to remind myself that I do actually things in my day, no matter how small they may be. I thought forumites could post here a daily achievement or 2 so we can remind ourselves that we have done something good each day. It can be as big or as small as you like. Just as long as what you did makes you proud and happy. 

I'm tagging @roses @Bow @Shaz51 @BPDSurvivor @saltandpepper @Daisydreamer @pipinya @Former-Member @Rosie93 @TideisTurning @HappyCastle @frog @Sans911 @outlander 

in case you might be interested as well as anyone else who wants to join in!

So, to get this discussion started, I'll post my achievements today which are:

- I had a gorgeous cup of tea which helped me deal with some anxiety I was experiencing;

- I paid my car registration which was due today.

See what I mean about achievements? Mine may seem small or irrelevant to some people but to me, because I have depression, these are actually major in the scheme of my life. I look forward to seeing what everyone comes up with.

Judi9877🤗

3,153 REPLIES 3,153

Re: Daily Achievements!

Good thread topic @Judi9877 ... and well done on your achievements for today.

I got through this mornings meeting with the funeral director. Plans for my husbands service next week are coming together. 🌹

Emelia 😔💔

@Judi9877 fantastic idea! Glad you found some enjoyment with a cuppa today and got the rego paid in the nick of time!

Pfft I'm thinking what I can share...

Well, I made myself a nice healthy chicken burger for dinner tonight. Haven't eaten well or eaten a lot over the past few days--actually started feeling sick from the hunger.

That's it from me for today, looking forward to seeing what everyone else shares

@Emelia8 can't imagine how difficult that would have been, well done on getting through it

Good idea @Judi9877 

I will look for achievements, however little, today.

Hi @saltandpepper 

I'm so sorry @Emelia8 it's so hard. My mother passed away very recently also.

@Judi9877 

snaps on paying the rego on time

I struggle with that and I don't have depression

that really is a biggie

xoxo

@Emelia8 

I was widdowed 4 years ago. This is really the first time I wish we didn't have to stay anonimous.

As a celebrant I could have shared my funeral experience with you.

much love xxxx

@frog wrote:

I'm so sorry @Emelia8 it's so hard. My mother passed away very recently also.

@frog  I'm sorry to hear. My condolences. 😞

This is a great thread, @Judi9877 🙂

I have made start on clearing the lounge-room and kitchen floors this morning - have done enough for one laundry wash of the grocery bags. I had run out of grocery bags, so it was well overdue. Feel pleased. 

Thanks for starting this @Judi9877. Nice way to help us to focus on strengths. I relate a lot to the idea of celebrating our efforts at counterbalancing the effects of our depressive symptoms, which often also bring low self-esteem. Totally agree that even if very small they are worth noticing as a way to encourage ourselves to continue growing what we can do.

Today so far:

I got up in the morning and have not gone back to bed.

Took washing off the line and into my bedroom ready for putting away.

Congrats to all for our daily achievements, large or small. Heart

this is a great thread @Judi9877 Smiley Very Happy

my achievements today  are:--

1) vacummed the house 

2) a load of washing 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance