Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Decluttering and home maintenance

25 Funny Pictures That Will Make You Laugh Out Loud - Page ...

Yea for the clothes @Former-Member 

I need to go through mine again.

Have so much I don't wear that I keep because of some silly attachment or memory. 

@Determined

I don't miss any of the clothes I was not wearing. Freed up wardrobe space for my self care, new style clothes that suit me so much better  😀.

Laugh out loud! Love this! | Funny Quotes & Sayings ...

The Quote about Clearing a path from the Door to the Bed....

That was my childhood environment (house).

That's exactly what my parents did, each time.

The house never cleared (whilst we lived there).

It was no cluttered (both my parents were hoarders), that we frequently got injured just trying to walk down the corridor.

Things fell on us, & we tripped over.

So definitely not funny - if it's real....

Adge

LoL @Former-Member 

I have recwntly been prompted to try some new style clothes after bumping into a work colleague at the beach and seeing how amused they were that I was wearing slacks and long sleeve shirt. Have been gently encouraged by darling to lighten up a bit .

Kind of lack imagination and confidence to try something new. All covered up and dressed in black is like an emotional camouflage for me.

Any way darling has some ideas for upgrades and clean out the wardrobe to make way .

@Adge 

That is what I would be like without my darling to keep a leash on me. 

In fact my shed at our last home was like that. Still need to have the contents in my shed at our new home. (Its now a shared shed with my dad in law) 

help-burried-ai9ry (1).gif

IT'S ALL TOO MUCH!

I've emptied all my clothes in the bed to get rid of at least half. Sheesh, this decluttering, it   always seems to get worse  before it get  better :face_with_rolling_eyes:

Gentle encouragement @Determined  I found my new style by trying on things that I normally would not. You might be pleasantly surprised .👕👖👟👞🎩. I know I enjoy clothes shopping with & for Mr Darcy so can imagine how your Darling might enjoy taking you out too - this might be an act of love for her. Don't forget the one in two out rule when you get back home 😀.

Any advance on selling the no longer needed garden power equipment Bro? (Perhaps to fund your new look) 

@Former-Member you've got this girl.

If you have not got them,  can I suggest getting some black velvet slimline coat hangers when returning your wanted clothes into wardrobe. Best thing since sliced bread when it comes to keeping clothes neatly stored. Cheap at places like the reject shop, Kmart etc

Hello all.
Yeah @Former-Member, often it seems to get worse before it gets better. Hang in there.

@Adge, @Determined, I hate to say it, but we've got way too many rooms that have walkways only. I clear space... then the next lot comes in from Mum and Dad's place. Is running to stay still sometimes.

So.... current plans re. making enough space to celebrate our 20 years housewarming involve moving on or de-constructing a fair bit of furniture.
We've got three "kitchen" tables, two of which are in the "celebration" room. One was officially my pottery work table, and it is a good size for that, so it probably needs to be stored one way or another. But tables can be useful as "shed storage units". Biggish stuff stored under, workspace or shelves on top.
Another table I'm not sure about. It was left here by the friend we bought the house off, it's a good sturdy timber table, not sure whether to sell/pass it on or store it. If "store", I could do a two table shed stack. (That sounds almost Dr Seuss-ish. :P)
(Current "in use" table is a big 6 seater that extends to 8 for family gatherings. Even with family moving out of home, it's probably what we need long term.)
Also in that room- spare wardrobe. Want to keep that, but there's two others in the house/in storage I'm not particular about, so it can probably "displace" one of those. 1960s style buffet which was another of our friend's left-behinds. It was useful then, I had  been using it for pottery stuff storage, but have better stuff for that purpose. It can go. Electric pottery wheel. That's going, becuase I've now got a good kick wheel. I'm "one of those people" who can't stand constant background hums, so electric wheels are counterproductive for me. Bookcases. They need to stay there. Display cases. (Gallery style glass boxes.) They can go to new homes. Chest of drawers. That is useful, and can probably be slightly relocated in that room. Big desk... also useful, but a bit stumped on where to put it. Hoping it can stay in the room. And a few other smaller things too, that I'll work out one way or another. (Coffee tables, nice drop leaf table.)
The "stuff" in and around the furnishings will make it more challenging than I like, but it's good at least being able to do an inventory of what stays, what goes. 🙂 And once the surplus is out, there will be ample space for the pianola and the collection of rolls to "come home" from Mum and Dad's place. Looking forward to that very much. We don't have or want a TV, so as well as being a good space for gatherings, we want this room to be a music room and library. (So plans on space usage need to include comfy seating.)

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance