Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

MDT
Community Guide

Feeling anxious about a job interview

I have an interview set for tomorrow. 

Mid day.

I feel a bit apprehensive as I am worried it is too IT heavy but then I think maybe it won't be.

I'm also conscious of the fact that I feel undervalues and don't know where I'm going in life etc.

But I have spent the last 4 years balancing out priorities and where I can go in my life with my skills and experience. 

Whenever someone asks me what I want to do or where I want to go in life I never really know the answer.

I had an epiphany today that if someone asked me "is this the direction you want to go in" then I'd say no. But I also think it's unwise to say "I'll only go in a direction I want to go in" because you close out opportunity but you also limit yourself and life is ever changing.

I guess I'm just saying that I need to balance ambition and what I "want" with what's available and practical 

Its a weird time to be alive and a weird time to be in yours 20s.

I'm gonna sit here outside and let the sun thaw me out a bit more 

38 REPLIES 38

Re: Feeling anxious about a job interview

Hi @MDT 

Good luck with the interview for tomorrow. I hope everything goes well for you.

Hoping you are enjoying the sunshine.

All the best for the interview tomorrow @MDT 

Thanks @Snowie @StuF

I did some meditation like exercises in the sunshine. Nearly fell asleep
I already know I need an early night tonight and I won't be drinking anymore coffee today.
Now that I think of it - it's just a job interview. Don't need to overdo it and think it'll be the end of the world either way.
I think much of the apprehension comes from the implications of getting it. But that's a rabbit hole.

Just gotta take it one day at a time. Have spent a bit of time looking at it and thinking about q's they may ask.

@MDT 

Yeah, try to not get too far ahead in your thoughts...easier said than done! (Disclaimer, I've not done many interviews, so my advice ain't worth a lot probably lol)

Go well with it 🙂

@MDT  Good luck with the interview, my friend. I hope it all goes well.🤞

Yeah just take it as it comes aye @StuF

Cheers @Historylover and thanks for your support. Good to see you

@MDT  Good luck Hams. Just remember it is only a job interview not the end of the world. Just be cool and slick and if it is meant to be it will happen. Love peaxx

Pea !
@greenpea thanks for support
I've missed you 🙂
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance