Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Arizona
Senior Contributor

Hooray! I finally found someone who can help me

Hooray! I finally found someone who can help me with my housing agency. She's a disability advocacy worker.

She's also going to help me make a submission to the royal commission about all the problems I've been having with mental health services and the public service for the past ten years. 

I feel validated and listened to. For years I felt like I was going mad dealing with these people and trying to get help.

I feel so relieved!

8 REPLIES 8

Re: Hooray! I finally found someone who can help me

That's so great @Arizona! Very happy to hear you've had such a positive outcome and celebrating with you! 

TideisTurning 😊

Disability advocacy workers are worth their weight in gold.

Wow! That's great to hear @Arizona ! I'm so proud of you!

Also, making a submission is very courageous but equally worthwhile. Well done!

Judi9877😎👍

Hi 👋 @Judi9877 @Gwynn @TideisTurning @StuF @SJT63 @RedHorse @greenpea 

Thanks so much for your kind replies and supports ❤

I had an appointment with the disability advocacy worker in person this afternoon. I couldn't talk to her for too long because she was due to have a conference call. But I'm very happy that I have her support and I'm starting to feel better. She and her organisation are going to help me as much as they can. 

I went to the supermarket and bought myself a 45g block of raw vegan chocolate.

Aaarrgh my Pug just sneezed all over my phone. I can't do anything about it yet because my left hand is covered in chocolate.

Okay, what was I saying? Oh yeah, I'm going to have some risotto and salad and then I will spend the rest of the day with my Pug. I will probably watch a documentary on Netflix and listen to my audio book. And I might do a meditation before bed.

And I don't have any depression or anxiety right now. I just feel 'normal'. 

I can't wait to get my bike once the lockdown is over. It's my 50th birthday in 11 days. My bike will be my birthday present.

Hi @Arizona 

Wonderful news that your appointment with the disability advocacy worker went well and that you don't feel any anxiety or depression atm. Your plans for the rest of the day sound great too. I hope you enjoyed that vegan chocolate bar. Your post activated my sweet tooth and I am currently typing one handed while eating some dates Nom Nom Nom 😋 

Hi @RedHorse 

I love Medjool dates! 

Hi @RedHorse @Judi9877 @Gwynn @TideisTurning and everyone else who supported my post. I just wanted to give you an update...

Today I spoke to a person at a community legal centre about the problems I've been having with my neighbours and my housing agency. He is concerned about what's been happening and he wants to help.

So I feel like I have a bit of extra support.

That's great news @Arizona. Thanks for the update, I love to hear when things are looking up. Kudos to you for going out and seeking support with a difficult situation. Oh and give your Pug a pat from me, RedHorse.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance