Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Arizona
Senior Contributor

My day so far

I slept well but I have woken up in a state of very bad depression and anxiety. I think I feel like this because yesterday I started writing my story in the Our Stories section and it has brought up traumatic memories. 

I have made myself a cup of tea and I will be kind and gentle with myself today. 

I'm excited about picking up my bike tomorrow (as much as I can be, as a person who has severe depression). I have also bought a kickstand, water bottle holder and some lights. I think I will also buy a computer thing that tells you how many kilometres you've done. I can't remember what they're called. 

I feel very tired. I think I will go back to sleep. I will add more later.

6 REPLIES 6

Re: My day so far

Hi @Arizona,

Have an relaxing and peaceful rest.  I hope you wake up refreshed and recharged..

Sleep well... xxx

Hi @Arizona,

Sorry it's another bad day for you but whooo hooo! Splashing out on a bike and accessories is exciting! I hope you enjoy your first ride. I have a Vespa. I gave up my bike because the hills are too steep around here. I can't drive a car but I do have a motorbike licence. Lockdown has prevented me from riding but come spring I will be on my Vespa again.

Hope you can get some enjoyment tomorrow.

lost9

Hi @MIFANTCARER and @Lost9 , thanks for your replies. I'm feeling a bit better now.

@Lost9 , that is so cool that you have a Vespa. I have thought of buying myself a motorbike. Yes, it will be so much fun riding my bike and it will make my depression and anxiety go away. I hope you have fun riding your Vespa up and down the hills. I love riding my bike downhill.

take care today @Arizona keep taking those positive steps bying a new bike to ride sounds like a great idea as excercise or just getting out of house even if your not feeling motivated would be something good to take care of yourself 

Hi @Arizona ,

Happy Birthday! Hope you picked up your bike today.

lost9

Thank you @Lost9 

I didn't pick up my bike today. I felt too unwell. It will be a struggle just doing my shopping today, so I'm afraid it's not going to be a very fun birthday. But I will do my best to take care of myself and I will celebrate when I'm better.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance