Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Arizona
Senior Contributor

My day

I have a question... Where do you write if you just want to talk about your day? 

Right now I need a space where I can just be myself and talk/write and not be judged.

Right now it's 2.15pm and I'm in bed with my Pug, drinking a cup of tea. I'm not usually in bed during the day (well, I try not to be), but this is how things are. 

I'm expecting a call soon from someone at a mental health organisation and I'm not looking forward to it.

I haven't had a shower for two days. I haven't been putting treatments in my hair (I usually do this 4 times a week). I haven't been doing my affirmations in the mirror every day (I usually do them for at least 20 minutes a day). I stopped doing them on the day that I was triggered. It was last Friday. Because I have found this forum, and I'm feeling a little braver, I will try and do one affirmation today for 5 minutes. That is my self care promise for the day. 
14 REPLIES 14

Re: My day

Hello @Arizona 

Welcome to the forums 🙂

I think right here is fine.

I think you are inspiring doing four treatments and affirmations for 20 minutes. I know you aren't now but wow I could take a leaf from your book!

I think even if you halved these you'd still be amazing. Well done for setting the goal today for 5 minutes. Its nice to meet you and I hope being here allows you a place to offload and meet like minded friends. Take care ❤️

P.S

There's some social threads too, what interests do you have and I can share relevant threads with you 🌹

SJT63
Senior Contributor

@Arizona 

I have no idea what a hair treatment is?

... you mean, like conditioner?

Snowie
Community Guide

Hi @Arizona 

Welcome to the forums and hi, we haven't met before.

I think here is fine to talk about your day.

I can understand it is hard to get out of bed some days and harder even to look after ourselves. I promised myself I would have a shower today after not having one since Monday. Haven't got there yet 😒

I hope the call goes ok

Take care of you 💜💜

Arizona
Senior Contributor

Hi Anastasia, SJT63 and Snowie, thanks for your replies. It's nice to meet you too. (I'm replying to my own post because I haven't worked out yet how to reply to the whole thread). 

SJT63, a treatment isn't the same as conditioner. You use a treatment to repair dry, damaged or frizzy hair. It repairs the structure of the hair and/or nourishes the hair.

My natural hair colour is brown and in February I had some highlights done. They damaged my hair. So now I'm putting treatments in my hair to get it back to its original condition.

My favourite hair products are the Goldwell Dualsenses Rich Repair range. They have a 1 minute treatment which I use for 20 minutes so it's very intense. It's okay to put it on your hair for longer than a minute.

I like looking after my hair because it makes me feel good about myself. 

I also bought myself an ionic and ceramic hair dryer and I love it!

Hello @Arizona 

That's exactly what to do, you can also add a @ in front of our names so we receive a note that you've tagged us. This way we'll see it sooner 🙂

The treatment sounds lovely, it's always nice to treat yourself it sure does make you feel better,  doesn't it 🌹

Your hair dryer sounds divine. 

What are your interests? Are you interested in me letting you know of threads that align with your interests? 

I love dogs and quite often duck to Dogs Rock 😆  for a giggle. 

Its really nice to have you here @Arizona 

Hello @Snowie @SJT63 ❣️

Arizona
Senior Contributor

Hi Anastasia, I'm just trying to think what my interests are...

Dogs - I own a Pug.

Music - mostly 90's indie rock. Right now I'm listening to Suede.

Cooking - cooking is very therapeutic for me.

Natural medicine - I've had an interest in natural medicine since I was 18.

Looking after my hair

When I was younger I was interested in books and films but now I prefer to listen to audio books and watch a good quality TV series (I prefer British television to American).

That's all I can think of for now 😊

SJT63
Senior Contributor

@Arizona @Anastasia 

good morning!

I have short but well styled almost white hair. Like Jamie Lee Curtiss. I spent decades colouring and have never loved my hair more than I do now. You are right about how having good hair helps your mindset.

My answers to yours:

Dogs - I have owned dogs, mainly greyhounds. After the last one died I decided to go back to cats because they demand so much less of you.

Music - not much. Mr S plays 60's & 70's prog rock all the time and I HATE it. 

Cooking - cooking is very therapeutic for me. - Same Same. I LOVE cooking. I made a lot of things from scratch.

Natural medicine - not so much, but I do get a lot of benefit from Bowen Therapy when my tension headaches kick in.

Looking after my hair - I wash it most days.

When I was younger I was interested in books and films but now I prefer to listen to audio books and watch a good quality TV series (I prefer British television to American).

Snap and snap! Borrowbox for ebooks from my local library, several regular podcasts and I have Britbox for streaming TV as well as watching a lot of SBS on demand.

I also make stuff and write stuff.

xoxo

Arizona
Senior Contributor

Hi @SJT63, I'm growing out my natural grey hair. It has been 4 months and 23 days (since I had my blonde highlights). I had been colouring my hair for years, then I discovered women who had grown out their natural grey hair. I never even considered having my own natural hair colour. My hair is probably about 25% grey.

I had long hair past my shoulders and I had about 2/3 cut off. I originally had it cut off to help grow out my blonde highlights but now I love my bob hair style and I'm going to keep it that way. 

I really like the idea of having my own natural grey hair colour. For me it's about being myself and accepting myself as I am. 

With my interest in natural medicine I'm really talking about my whole approach to food and diet (not just vitamins and supplements if you know what I mean).

It's a long story but I put on a lot of weight. I have lost most of it now. I changed my whole way of eating. I even gave up sugar.

I hate prog rock too. My parents used to listen to Pink Floyd and I hated it. 

I was listening to some true crime podcasts but I realised that it was freaking me out too much (too gruesome) and I had to stop. There are some very good Australian ones but it became too much for me after a while. 

It's been very nice talking to you.

Take care xo

Hello @Arizona @SJT63 

I love your posts, thank you for sharing. 

I feel like a balloon that has been burst at present. Whilst I can ordinarily respond with something of benefit I just can't at present. Not for lack of care just empty inside right now. 

I've subscribed to this though so I can stay in touch with you ❣️

Hugs x

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance