Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

bipolarbunny
Community Elder

Taking a 3 month Break from the Forums

Hi everyone,

It is with great disappointment & sadness that I write this post, but after lengthy discussion with my clinical psychologist it is his recommendation that I take a 3 month break from the SANE forums. 

I have truly loved every single minute of being on the forums, getting to know you all and supporting new & existing members, but unfortunately my own mental health is in decline and I need to take a step back and practice self care for a while to get back on track. 

I am honestly so disappointed as I feel as if I have let the CG team down as well as everyone else, but I’ve worked so hard at recovery that I just can’t afford to keep stretching myself thin and run the risk of further breakdowns. Between my toxic home life and dealing with my own mental health issues, I’m afraid my bucket is full. 

I want to thank you all for making me feel so welcome and so part of something truly special. I am hoping that further down the road once I’ve dealt with more of my trauma I can return to the forums and continue to use my lived experience to help others. 

Until then, I need to prioritise my own health and recovery. I hope you understand. I would also ask that from this point on you please refrain from tagging me in other posts. It would be truly appreciated thanks. 

I will miss each and every one of you and I wish you all the best over the next several months and beyond. 

Take care & thank you for all of your support. 

Much love & hugs xx

BB 🐰💙
11 REPLIES 11

Re: Taking a 3 month Break from the Forums

@bipolarbunny ... no tags after this one I promise.

Really sorry to hear that you are stuggling as much as you are.  Well done on making the decision to step back and concentrate on yourself during such a difficult time.  Totally admire you, what you do and what you are doing now.

Looking forward to your return, when the time is right for you.  I will miss you.

Emelia 💕🤗

See the source image

@bipolarbunny(the last time I'll tag you until your return)

So sad to see you go, but you must do what is right for yourself at this time. Hopefully you'll make it back.

The only rule is that you must keep writing! Even if we can't read them, keep 'em coming 🙂

Take care

Heart

Sweetheart, I have so much admiration for you. Take whatever time you need. Love you loads and see you when the time for you is right @bipolarbunny 🐰❣️🌷

Good bye for now @bipolarbunny 

Good luck with your return to good health. 
I hope to see you again soon.

Meggle

Hi @bipolarbunny,

We completely understand and support you to do what you need to do for your health and wellbeing Heart Taking that step to prioritise you is so important, and you deserve all the time and space you need to focus on your recovery Heart 

You are not letting anyone down, and I want to assure you that down the track when you are ready, your forums family will always be here for you. To make sure you get the break you need, you can also turn off email notifications- happy to help you do that Heart

Sending wishes to you and holding hope with you that some space to focus on you is healing and restorative Heart 

wishing you the Best @bipolarbunny take care my friend get lots of support and rest ,sending hugs and strength your way and promise no more tagging after this post hope you have as much time as you need to recover and look forward to hearing from you sometime later on ,we are here when you get back from looking after you,from your forum friend LostAngelHeart

Sorry to hear this 🐰💜 thank you for being your authentic self, I will miss your poetry and the Bipolar chats. The honesty of how you talked about your feelings and your inclusiveness.

I too have been really struggling but a kind word from @Appleblossom  and the supports I received in the background, the cheerfulness of @greenpea have helped me to reconsider closing my account.

Looking forward to meeting you one day again on here. Take care with your healing and new journey  @bipolarbunny 🌈🤗💗

Hi @bipolarbunny

You don't need to apologise I don't think you've let any team down.

You gotta do what's right for you. We respect that as a community and as individuals which similarity experiences.

Take care friend and see you again one day 🙂

Hi @bipolarbunny 

I'm sorry that you have to step down from the forums 😢but I can completely understand your reasons. You have to take care of yourself, especially your MH, and I can see that you have sought support from your support team on this issue. That's brave and courageous so well done👍

You're very much a valued member of the forums and I respect you in so many ways. Please take care of yourself BB!

See you around on the forums soon!

Judi9877🥰🌸

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance