Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Walking for Wellness

@Oaktree @TAB @Historylover @Delicatessen @SmilingGecko I walked this evening after a couple of weeks of only managing incidental walking. Finally caught up with my GP yesterday who told me my bloods (esp blood sugar and cholesterol) are all good now. So the effort has paid off. So that's a couple of positives. 

That's big @Dimity  Good News

Good to hear that looking after your health is paying off with good results, @Dimity. Keep up with the walking. I try to, but there are always days when I'm just too pre-occupied with other things. Stay well, stay happy! 😉🌞

If you can manage most days @Historylover that's good enough. Even occasionally is better than nothing. 

I walk but need to put more effort into general fitness and flexibility. 

How are you going @TAB ?

Internet and phone problems then people deferring appointments booked 4 wks ago

Trying to learn new phone thought might be an idea re bad signal sort of but yeah

Bit stressed this afternoon

All done now tho. Was supposed to be half way to SA border by now haha re appt yest that they changed to today

Going  to take a breath 

Hope you're ok

Thanks @TAB muddling on, things a bit calmer after a bad fortnight.  So you're off to find that house in SA? Fingers crossed you find something that suits re size etc position and budget. Hopefully you'll be able to put in an offer against any upcoming auctions. 

yeah I dont really know what I am doing @Dimity got a few half hearted oh i bought a few houses once, so maybe i can help, oh what do you want to know lols like how should I know what I should know ??

anyhoo so long as get somewhere with a toilet and roof does not leak and not robberies or home invasions guess

@TAB here in Melb a lot of people get a building inspection to make sure they're not taking on a place with defects or likely repairs. 

Hi all you walkers!

Got back from my holiday recently. Was away for nine days of which I hiked eight of these.

I saw beautiful things all the way through. Couldn’t have been better.

After ascending a small mountain on one of the hikes, I got to the top and found myself alone for 20 minutes. The surrounds were moss covered rocks and trees, all dripping wet. There was silence. The weather changed rapidly between rain with the sun peaking out intermittently.

I felt an incredible sense of calm, peace. I felt deeply happy. So I simply perched on a rock, turned my face up to the sky…and took whatever was coming. It was a very special, private moment.

Dont forget folks that you don’t have to goon some sort of odyssey for your walking. I still think heading out for whatever time you can manage must be good for your mental health.

Thinking of you all…

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance