Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Rachaelp89
Casual Contributor

mental health at its finest.

Hi all I’m Rachael, I’m 33 years old.I’m a mother of 4 beautiful children ages 13(girl) 9(boy) 8(boy) 2(girl) my 3 eldest children reside with my mother and I have the youngest with me, all my life I’ve suffered with mental health well from about 7yrs old I had my first thought of suicide, my parents had divorced a both blamed me. I am a middle child of 3 siblings 1 older(sister)  1 younger(brother) they also blamed me too, and I do understand that I was a very mentally challenging child, all I wanted was love and care and someone to just recognise I was there as I was always getting pushed aside, as I got older and older I started to really hate myself and blame myself for every single thing that happened. I was about 3yrs old when I got diagnosed with adhd, the bipolar come into play when I was 15 alongside with the anxiety, and ptsd and what a nightmare it was to try and manage all of them un medicated, due to the adhd and bipolar it is extreamly hard to medicate due to the highs that are at risk, having type 2 bipolar I do tend to get manic highs ALOT then the impulsive (adhd) side comes into play and I get myself in very sticky situations….I’m not 1 to really talk about my life so I’m just gunna leave out some history and just ask anyone here how do you manage on the days that are extremely hard to even function? is there any suggestions that anyone can give me? I’ve tried therapy, it works for a while and eared off same as medication, I’ve tried meditation, I’ve tried scrapbooking I’ve tried journaling I’ve tried walking, music, uplifting podcasts YouTube videos everything and nothing seems to get me out of that really low manic state. I’ve struggled to get out of bed lately and even shower, I’ve struggled to get out of bed to make something to eat and I’ve most of all struggled to parent! And I struggle to keep that emotional attachment ment like once I’m hurt I’ll just automatically detach and hurt myself more in the process but once that detachment starts there is no turning back. ALSO I have a partner so my daughter and other children are 100% safe Incase there was any doubters. He mostly takes care of them. The last few weeks have been a living hell. I’ve been to hospital got sent home went to drs got sent home and I just feel I’m really at my wits ends of this all and I’m begging for guidance and direction and someone to just hear me out, I feel so empty, lost, scared, overwhelmed, broken, useless, worthless and I have a lot of doubt in who I am as a person I could honestly say I hate myself at this point…. If anyone else reads this and can completely relate can you please give me some ideas on what to do please because I’m losing myself more and more each day and I’m actually so scared. Thankyou all for taking the time to read this 💕  

2 REPLIES 2

Re: mental health at its finest.

Welcome, @Rachaelp89 , I'm really sorry to hear about all you have suffered 😞

@Rachaelp89 wrote:

I just feel I’m really at my wits ends of this all and I’m begging for guidance and direction and someone to just hear me out

I would really encourage you to try therapy again. It took me 18 years to find a good fit with a therapist, but after that I found two excellent ones (one retired) and have gained a lot of healing through that. 

An important forum tip is if you type @ and then click on a name in the drop-down box, that person will get a notification and won't miss your reply.

Good luck, @Rachaelp89 ...

Re: mental health at its finest.

@Rachaelp89 

Hi Rachel.

It sounds like an extremely uncomfortable and troubling state you're in. And  at the same time you recognise many strategies that you've tried to make use of, too.

I'm sorry to hear of your overwhelming feelings.

There are a lot of people on Sane Forums who can relate. It's a good effort you've made to keep reaching out, Rachel.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance