Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: A Life of Trauma and Tragedy (Possibly Triggering Content)

compassion.jpeg

Hi @ Emelia8  I was just reading the Self Compassion thread and thought it might help you too at the moment: 

https://saneforums.org/t5/Forums-Blog/Self-compassion-how-to-put-it-into-practice/ba-p/892184

Anyway, hope today is manageable.  thinking of you, glad there's so much quality support here 4U 🤗 Make sure you're getting lots of rests and fluids 🙏

https://saneforums.org/t5/Forums-Blog/Self-compassion-how-to-put-it-into-practice/ba-p/892184

Thanks @Former-Member @Snowie @Eve7 @Anastasia @outlander @WIP and others.

Finished my treatment for the day. Sitting out on outdoor seating area of my accomm. Good facilities here, lovely outdoor gardens and BBQ etc.

Just phoned my hubby to check he was okay and to remind him to take his meds. And also to make sure little Holly 🐶 is okay. Miss my little girl. 

Its a nice mild morning here, after quite a bit of rain yesterday afternoon. 

Time for a cuppa I think. Anyone want to come with me to the hospital cafeteria? Thought Id have a chai late. Unfortunately you have to go through covid checks and don a mask before you can get in.

@Anastasia I hope you are done at work, and on your way to your parents soon. Lunch with them is good, and will afford an opportunity to gently discuss his latest test outcomes. 😔💖

Emelia 🌷

Your accommodation set up sounds very nice indeed @Emelia8  

Hubby and Holly sound as though they are going along ok, I can imagine how you miss little Holly girl 🐾 Does she follow you around everywhere you go at home? I wonder if she's latched onto hubby while you aren't there?

Hope treatment went well & you enjoyed your Chai Latte. Did you have a chat with anyone in the caffetteria?

I'm not feeling crash hot today. Still suffering bad headaches and are quite anxious this morning. Quietly worried about this bump on my forehead and how much pain I feel when I touch it. I have shooting pain down the back of my head too, when I put pressure on the bump. My concentration is off too.

Not that they can do much for a fracture - just rest & wait for it to heal itself.

I'm off to have a lay down for a bit.

Chat later Em 💞💞

Yes @WIP , both Holly and Hubby sound like they are okay. 😄 Yes Holly is usually my little shadow. But if Im not there, she attaches herself to hubby.

Yep, treatment today went okay thanks. The radiation techo's asked how I was going so far.  I mentioned the cough and tightness in the chest that I seem to have developed the last couple of days. They suggested I book in to see one of the radiation nurses if it persists. If it gets worse, I will book to see her tomorrow. If so, I hope its the one I saw on Monday about my request for female only radiation technicians. She  was really good. I will just wait and see. It could be totally unrelated to my treatment. 

Enjoyed my chai latte.  Its not sit in though, so no, no talking to Anyone.  Im not someone who would anyway though, Im quite shy and tend to be a loner.

Sorry about the headache persisting. If I were you, I would be concerned too. It sounds painful and worrying. So, is a skull fracture treated similar to concussion, ie treat the symptoms with analgesia and get lots of rest?

Im about to have a little lie down now too. Hope your headache eases after you rest. 🌺

Thinking of you @Anastasia as you visit your parents for lunch. 💞

Emelia

Hello @Emelia8 

I trust you were able to have some sleep today as planned? Are you feeling ok?

How bout you @WIP have you shaken the headache? I'm out on a walk at present. Going to start making my way home to get organised for tomorrow and pack up my work on the dining table that is spread from one end to the other. 

Just a quick update on work...

So the same colleague has monday off. I haven't been told I'm filling in for her (yet)

I did see an email to just copy me in in to direct her work to the team leader for each division. Guess I learn tomorrow if I am expected to deal with the work 🤬

I was able to have a snooze and the headache isn't as intense @Anastasia , but still need pain meds to keep it at bay. 
More bruising has come out and I look just confronting and terrifying. I'm layering this bruising cream in, but it's not making a dent in the black/blue around my eyes/nose. It's getting me really down.

I hope you don't have to fill in for your colleague 🤞

Enjoy the remainder of your walk!!

@Emelia8  I hope you got a nap in this afternoon and are feeling alright

💞🦋🦋💞

@Anastasia @WIP @outlander @Former-Member @Snowie 

Yes @Anastasia I had some sleep this afternoon thanks. And feeling okay. 👍  I even went for a walk earlier ... not very far and only for about 45mins. But at least I feel like I havent been completely idle all day.

I really hope you are not expected to cover (again) for your work colleague next Monday. She really makes a habit of this doesnt she? 😡

I like that you plan to be very firm about being called into work from January 2022. But thats 12 months away. Any chance of instigating any plans at work that may take some pressure off you, sooner than that?

@WIP Unfortunately bruising takes time to subside. I bruise easily too, and seem to take ages to heal. Like you, I dont find the bruise creams very effective at reducing the severity or timeframe needed for healing. Although I know other people swear by them. Glad to hear your earlier bad headache is no longer quite as intense.

I think I will give hubby a call, see how hes going, and check hes had all his meds, and fed poor Holly. Then grab a bite to eat for dinner. I have a salad in my fridge, which will do for tonight.

Emelia 💞

A walk sounds lovely Em, check out the local sights. 💞✔️

Yes she has every long weekend extra days off 🤬 I guess I'll find out tomorrow if I am expected to carry her load 😠

I'm a wuss when it comes to sticking up for myself do will talk to therapist about how to tackle long term conversation.

Hope all is well at home with hubby and Holly? Salad sounds good, stir fry here just now. 

Hugs and hugs ❤️ you too @WIP and all passing through 👋

Yes the walk did me good @Anastasia . Downhill on my way out, but finishes with a steep incline to finish off. Got the lungs working and blood flowing, which was good. Although it seems to have worsened the cough.

I just walked to a small local shopping centre which incudes a Coles supermarket. It was nice as it was cool mild and overcast. Picked up a couple of things I wanted for my remaining meals here ... milk, butter, a packaged salad, plus a newspaper to read and do crossword and sudoku puzzle. I also bought a bottle of red wine, from which Im having a glass now. Its okay, only having one glass 😄🍷 plenty to share.

Yes the salad was nice, and not one I've had before. The supermarkets have some good prepackaged salads now. Not as good as home made, but very convenient for situations like this. I left a couple for hubby at home too, coz he likes salads for his lunches. 

Other than treatment and my short walk, Ive had a lazy day. Got back to my room, changed into pjs, then rested and slept.

Phoned hubby a while ago. Sounded reasonable, but complained he wasnt feeling well 🌷 He wants me back home. 😔

Hoping for a sleep in tomorrow thanks to a later treatment session of 11.30am.  Nice long shower I think, and wash my hair. Had to get hairdryer from reception because they dont keep them in the units. Apparently it upsets cancer patients who are losing their hair due to treatment. I can sympathise with them, with my own hair thinning considerably.

Right ... I'm a Celebrity is on tele, so going to go and watch that.

Hugs everyone 😄🌷

Emelia 💞

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance