Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

tomatosauce
Contributor

A rant/whinge

Hi all,

I’ve had some troubles with depression and OCD this year. Fortunately, thanks to GP, psychs, some good support and my own learnings, I’m doing better than I was a few months ago. But every time we go into lockdown (live in Victoria) I lose some of the key things that I use to manage my mental health. It’s not easy to deal with.

I’m aware of the seriousness of the pandemic and understand the rationale behind lockdowns. But I’m sick of lockdowns and their impact on my recovery. And I’m tired of people telling me what I can do during lockdown. I’m still doing things in lockdown but they aren’t the same.

I know this post is very me, me, me but I’ve been having this rant in my head for a while and this felt like a safe place to get it out.

6 REPLIES 6

Re: A rant/whinge

Think there is a thread going for people in lockdown to give each other some support @tomatosauce 

I'll tag a @Former-Member so they can tag you in the thread, if they could please

Thanks for the tag @saltandpepper. There seem to be a few lockdown/covid threads so i'm not sure if there is a recent one everyone is more active in. I'll tag a few community guides i've seen this evening who may be able to tag @tomatosauce in the more recent thread.

@Shaz51 

@Anastasia 

@Faith-and-Hope 

Many thanks!

~Sphinxly.

Hello @tomatosauce and welcome 

Yes lockdown is a pan in the butt to say the least. I'm sorry it's taking its toll on you. This one was created for Sydney but only because Vic were out of the woods at the time. Please jump in and say hi, there's no divide here 💕

Thanks @Sphinxly @saltandpepper 🙏💙

Sydney and surrounds Lockdown Thread 

Hello @tomatosauce , how are you going tonight xx 

Letting you know that you are not alone my friend 

I will tag @NatureLover for your OCD 

Thank you  @saltandpepper , @Sphinxly , @Anastasia 

Hi @tomatosauce and welcome to the forums ...., 👋

If you look at the map of Australia, Melbourme is in the 'surrounds' of Sydney, comparatively ..... they are sorta cousin-cities if you like ..... so I go with @Anastasia, and we could even change the name of the thread to include Melbourne and Adelaide.

Thank you for the welcome everyone 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance