Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Owlunar
Senior Contributor

Re: HOME

I hear you @utopia 

This is not good - when I started reading your message I thought - something has set  your depression off - what was it and of course COVID - that pandemic has got into everyone's life and made life difficult from small issues to huge - and depression is one of the biggies of course

But - good work for your weight loss in spite of the pandemic - well done - but clothes - yeah - can you do that on-line? Can you afford to spend money on clothes right now? It certainly seems that you need them and it might help to lighten your mood. It certainly helps me to have some retail therapy. It certainly is hard if everything is three sizes to large - clothes hanging off anyone is not a good look or comfortable either. I so wish you the best with that and wish I could help

I'm sorry your depression is sneaking back - or doing a major gate-crash - 

Dec

I'm sure new clothes will help your depressionI'm sure new clothes will help your depression

how are you today my friend @utopia , thinking of you and sending hugs Heart

relized you asked me about How is Mr Shaz feeling now? Did they up his meds or change the meds?-- no nothing about the meds so he has been taking extra meds when he feels he needs them 

the Doctor did give him someone to see but because it took soo long Mr shaz cancelled all help again

@Owlunar@Zoe7@Mazarita@Faith-and-Hope 

Hi @utopia, also hearing your current feelings. As @Owlunar said, clothes sound like a first step to me. It was a first step out of my worst years of major depression. Op shops are my clothes indulgence, in bursts. I have a happy wardrobe now compared to the nothing I had to wear outside of the home at the end of that worst time.

I also buy second hand, and cheap new clothes on ebay. There have been some items that haven't worked for me when they arrived, but overall I have been satisfied with online shopping. I only buy things that give measurements, so I can check them on myself for sizing.

Sorry you are going through this. Interesting that the mood stabiliser helped for quite some time. Sounds like the circumstances of your life, with covid and all, have become harder. Hope your psychiatrist appointment goes really well with better medication options that may help you more.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance