Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Former-Member
Not applicable

How do you feel about phone sessions?

Unfortunately, the Acute Care Team didn't call me. In fact, they may call me, but they close in thirty minutes.

I suspect they have the wrong number, which is ANNOYING. I noticed that on my discharge papers, they transcribed the wrong number, so I should have said something before I left hospital.

I called them yesterday saying that they have the wrong number, and the lady on the phone said she put a progress note down, but sadly it looks like they didn't see it.

My biggest concern is (was?) that they would call the Police thinking something happened to me. When I called them yesterday, the lady reassured me that it doesn't work like that. If you miss a call, they will message you and you can call them back later. (I have their number anyway).

Hopefully I didn't misread what she said, but it sounds like I can relax, and sort it all out tomorrow morning.

I had a phone session with my University counselor today, and we talked about what happened. She suggested a nice perspective.

You keep thinking about making up for lost time, or fixing things... but really you're not fixing your old life. You can create a NEW life for yourself.

I have always thought of phone sessions as kind of impersonal, but it felt kind of natural today. The nice thing is, it's WAY more portable than Zoom or IRL, so you can choose your environment. I was just walking in the park.

I said "can you call me back in literally three minutes? I want to order coffee." 😂.

The only thing is, phones are a tad unreliable, and the line is a bit precarious. These past couple of days, my phone has been disconnecting suddenly. Today it happened four times... then I realised, I have been accidentally pressing the End Call button with my face LOL.

What's your preferred method of counselling?

1 REPLY 1

Re: How do you feel about phone sessions?

I much prefer in person. 

ive had 3 Telehealth appointments already this week, one with my gp, psychologist and dietitian. The dietitian one wasn't too bad, I really like her and have connected well with her, so it was a little easier. But my gp was a little difficult, the video connection wasn't the greatest and she is sometimes difficult to understand. My psychologist I haven't connected as well with, so I find it difficult to talk over the phone or video with. 

something I have to get use to though... think we will be in lockdown for a while yet. 

glad your call with the uni person was ok for you. 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance