Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: My life partner has Bipolar ii

PS @Shaz51 

Isn't it lovely when our partners show concern about following up on our own health needs.

Yes @Former-Member Smiley LOL

and today mr shaz wants me to apply for things , like DSP and others to go for

If your doc agrees @Shaz51  I would strike while the iron is hot ... I don't think how many hours you work now makes a difference (you are able to earn whilst on DSP).

amm have they changed that @Former-Member , think it is still soo many hours , and I am doing too many hours now , just over it i think

I couldn't see if there was an hour limit @Shaz51  but there is an income limit of 3100.40 f/n with a reduction in payment for f/n income over $308.

https://www.humanservices.gov.au/individuals/services/centrelink/disability-support-pension/who-can-...

Wow that sounds good @Former-Member 

yes I tried 10 years ago but was rejected @Former-Member , @Determined , @outlander , @Adge , @Former-Member , @Faith-and-Hope 

going to try again

mr shaz was given a sickness benefit 4 years ago but did not take it

@Shaz51  I did find something to do with hours ... it says your condition must prevent you from working at least 15 hours a week in the next two years.  This might be something you need to discuss with your doctors.  Whilst you may be doing more than this it might not be recommended and your doctors may think it too much.  T

https://www.humanservices.gov.au/individuals/services/centrelink/disability-support-pension/who-can-...

Moving is very stressful, it takes some time to settle in and find your feet @Former-Member . For some people that walk straight into a brand new job the transition can be quite easy, others it takes a while if you have a health crisis when you arrive, or in your husbands case he is recovering from one. It can take years to form lasting quality friendships, but its not something that can be forced but just evolve naturally when you are out and about, pursuing your own interests.

Corny 

I think it is fair to say @Faith-and-Hope that your spiritual home is the west coast. Now that you are east side, with so many changes and loose ends it is normal to feel overwhelmed.

Flying back and forth must be tiring but I am sure that you miss the cubs. It will take a long time to adjust, it has taken me almost 5 years. Not everyone ends up in emergency and has a complete mental breakdown like yours truly, but you have so many balls in the air @Faith-and-Hope , huge amounts of responsibility and you are juggling so much pressure. It think your amazing that you can concentrate and haven't crumbled yourself but I am sure some days you feel like you could. 

Corny 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance