Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Re: Hot Chocolate Anyone ?

hello @Appleblossom 

how are you today my friend 

OIP.jpg

Hi - yes 

@LooneyToones , @CJJ74 , @amber22 , @Faith-and-Hope , @Owlunar 

How are you - everyone

I'm up for a coffee

Owlunar

me too @Owlunar 

coffee time ❤️

Screen%20Shot%202022-08-26%20at%206.00.35%20pm.png

Hello! @Shaz51 Loving the pic!! How are you today? Did you get a better sleep last night?

morning @amber22 😀

yes I did have a better sleep last night , just the usual getting up 4 times for the bathroom because of my CKD but Luckly i can go straight back to sleep  

No problem at all, always here for some support if you need it! @Owlunar 

Thank you, it definitely is painful but taking it slow today and hoping that helps. That is such a great compliment that you got, and I am glad to hear about how you feel towards self care. I hope that you are doing some today!!

I'm okay today thanks @amber2222 - just taking it easy today and my support worker changed my bed and vacuumed the spider webs - they suddenly appeared recently - now they are gone.

I found a little skink inside near my front door last night - I can't find it today - I bet it will appear again. I have a much bigger one near my back door and it came inside once and I did catch it and put it outside - it felt really dry and soft - I like them actually

The reactions surprised me last night and I really don't understand that - but I think it's not my problem and it will all go away in time. I hope so

I hope your disc problem is settling with the rest you had last night - it can take time though - my daughter has had this issue

Sending my best thoughts

Owlunar

The extra help will make a huge difference @Shaz51 

Having help with the shower will be great - I know nurses in hospitals know how to help dress and undress people with bad shoulders so it can be done.

It can hurt when people don't know what they are doing - and it is hard to explain - so I manage every couple of days - then stand in the shower for ages - just enjoying it.

The thing is I know when my shoulder will hurt and when it won't - most of my clothes are stretchy and/or a size too large.

I've had this for a long time so I do what I can - extra help will be appreciated

You put up a great morning tea to be enjoyed for as long as we can find the picture - which I can't right now - it made my mouth water - I think you posted it and I am still enjoying it

Owlunar

Lol @Owlunar .. I misread your post and thought you found a SKUNK at your front door!

Thanks for sharing @tyme 

I'm having a good laugh - skunks - oh yeah

I had terrible smell in my linen press some months back - and flies dying everywhere - a had to get my pest exterminator in and there were two dead rats in the ceiling. Augh.

Now which would stink more - dead rats or skunks? That is a rhetorical question

Still laughing - I need a good giggle

Owlunar

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance