Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Oaktree
Senior Contributor

Peer Discussion Please help!!!

@Basil 

I am trying to get into the peer discussion but can't remember my password. Have pressed send on forget password but it is not appearing in my email

Meggle

10 REPLIES 10
Former-Member
Not applicable

Re: Peer Discussion Please help!!!

I've given up trying @Oaktree  i even tried entering as a guest which said it was successful but still couldn't get in. Why we have to do it this way is behond me.

why can't it be like we are doing now, more inclusive. Good luck!

I feel a bit left out.

@Basil please send me an email reset email - I pressed send on the request for email reset

Hey @Oaktree and @Former-Member  - and anyone else reading who is struggling to get into the chat:

We can certainly understand your frustration, you're not the only ones who have been encountering some tech issues tonight.

You can have a look through our FAQ to see if anything there can help resolve your issue. You can also provide feedback to us about your experiences as well, by emailing feedback@sane.org

All the chat transcripts are posted online a couple of days after the event so worst case scenario if you do miss out, you can always catch up on it later. 

The online peer groups are still in their starting stages, which means we're still working out all the kinks! Fingers crossed you're able to get onto it tonight Smiley Very Happy

I gave up trying tonight @Jynx @Oaktree as I was starting to see it as a personal attack. The experience has not left me in a good headspace.

I won’t try again.

(((( @Eve7 @Oaktree @Former-Member ))))

Hugs to you all. Tech issues are awful and they stress me out at the best of times.

I'm really sorry that happened. 

I brought you all a hot cuppa, biccy and some 💕

🍪🍪🍪

Hugs @Eve7  i hope you're okay

xxxooo

Hello @Former-Member @Oaktree @Eve7 

responding to your posts about not being able to access the peer discussions.

I also was unable to join or observe the conversation live.

I tried both ways log in or join as guest.

I was also confused by the phrase use a "different user name"  to one used in real life.

I do not use a user name in real life. I use my real name, though have been called others.

I have given up also.

These discussions are available to allow those who choose to read or join in have a voice, be heard.

Hi @Sophia1

I'm sorry to hear you weren't able to access the online peer group chat as well last night. It sounds like there are a few people here who have had a similar issue- we have flagged this with the team leader to look into further and investigate what might be going on. 

You raised a good question, Sophia1, about usernames. Hoping I can help you answer this one 🙂 

When we talk about usernames, the main thing we are hoping to protect is anonymity (I'll link the guidelines for OPG here). The main things are to pick a username that doesn't contain any part of your real name or identifying information, and that is different to any usernames you might use in other areas (such as social media accounts).

I can see how the wording can be confusing- as you said in real life we don't use usernames. So long as your usernames on the forums and on the Online Peer Groups aren't the same as your real name or usernames you use on social media, then they are 100% okay 🙂

Does this help clarify the anonymity guidelines for the Peer Group Chats?

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance