Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: A long rave

Good evening my friends @Exoplanet, @Mazarita, @Teej, @CheerBear, @Faith-and-Hope

Busy day today , hope yours was a OK , feeling tired tonight , did some trimmings at mum's this afternoon, mum is feeling worried about getting sick again , fingers crossed 

Mr shaz is anxious about work and the lack of it

MIL is having blood tests and has back pain 

My doctor appt has been cancelled until next week 

Rave- I hate how many meds I'm on. Last year it was just an injection once a fortnight, now I'm on 10 different pills (2 prn but still)

And the stupid thing is I still can't function in society. I can't do what normal people do. I have so many side effects from my meds that's it's getting to me.

Evening all @Shaz51 @Mazarita @Teej @CheerBear @Faith-and-Hope @Exoplanet @The-red-centaur

@Exoplanet i love your videos, im not sure if i know you, im pretty new and forget things.

I had a cookingv group at 12pm this morning then ten pin bowling at 2pm but i just did not have the motivation to get dressed and go, im a bit disappointed in myself for not going. 

I have my art group tomorrow at 1pm till 3pm so hoping to get myself ready for it and positive motivation 

Good morning, @CheerBear, guessing you might be up. Just woke from another long sleep. Yesterday long sleeping too. I think I've only been awake for about four hours in the past 24, and spent that time in the armchair watching reruns on TV. I'm trying to make an earlier appointment with my psychiatrist about this, but no luck so far. Just have to keep ringing for possible cancellations.

Good morning, @saturnzoon@Shaz51@Teej@Exoplanet@eth and everyone, I read all the posts here from yesterday and appreciate the tags and messages. Just haven't had the energy for responding. Hope the day treats us all well.

Morning @Mazarita. Love hearing the knock knock on my phone that is often your morning hi, thank you.

I've been thinking of you sensing that things are not going so well. I can imagine the collapsed and sleepy depressed feelings are becoming hard for you. I could be wrong but big hugs anyway. I hope you get in to see the psychiatrist soon.

I've been up for a couple of hours. Little had a nasty sounding cough throughout the night and ended up in my bed, then sometime in the very early hours I woke with a "must do all the things" jolt. I've been trying to work on some NDIS prep since. I can't stand the brain I own sometimes. It seems to be constantly searching for something, anything, that can "fix" everything and fix it all perfectly. Today is the NDIS info session and that's what's done it I think. It takes nothing to set racing thoughts off. I have written down 'learn how to chill out a bit better' as a goal though haha. There's a little early morning rave :face_with_rolling_eyes:

@saturnzoon hoping for you that you make it to art group today. Is it a particular type of art that you do like an art class, or more a therapeutic art group?

Sorry to hear about the med side effects @The-red-centaur. I can imagine how frustrating that may be.

@Teej hugs for your crash day yesterday. Wonder how your plants are getting on. Hugs for you with everything you have going on too @Shaz51.

👋 to everyone who may be calling by. Also hope the day goes well for all ❤

@CheerBear, good on you for doing something productive with wonky brain last night, by doing some ndis prep. Although it's now progressed to other anxieties with it, it's awesome that the ndis has come through for you. I think I gave up on trying to fix everything perfectly a long time ago. These days I just like to feel like there are small steps forward, not so many backwards, which is where I am now unfortunately, in a big way. Thanks for your hugs. Returning them warmly to you. Heart

I think I've said it before but your acceptance and gentle way of being with yourself inspires me @Mazarita. With time I hope that I can find the balance of still trying to push through, but without the ridiculous pressure I put on myself.

The NDIS is only a good thing for me, though it's hard to see how the initial stages of it at all fit with recovery. Like the DSP it has such a hopeless feel about it at the moment. Again, maybe it's just time to settle the big scary changes feelings.

Sitting with you in the backwards that is at the moment, always sending you my thoughts and love from behind this screen.

Better head off and do the morning thing now and see how that little is sounding.

@CheerBear, sleep is calling again. Good to meet up for a message exchange this morning. Sending good wishes for your ndis meeting today, and anything else you do. Heart

Good morning @Mazarita and @CheerBear  Smiley Happy

You might both be gone by now.  

Maz I hope you feel like getting up and having some awake time next time you wake up.  I think it's a good idea to discuss your sleep pattern with your psychiatrist again. 

I was started on yet another med last Wednesday.  It blocks adrenalin receptors and is meant to help me sleep without so many flashback type dreams, and for longer spells, but it hasn't changed anything yet.  Gradually increasing the dose every 5 days.  So far no obvious side effects, but it does also lower blood pressure so I'm on the alert for any dizziness or light headedness.

CheerBear I hope your NDIS info session goes well and answers questions you have at this stage.  Hope it leaves you feeling clearer about it all.  I totally get that it's not all sunshine and roses yet.  It's not for me either.

Hello Everyone 🙂 

@Mazarita@eth@CheerBear  @saturnzoon {it's nice to meet you 🙂 } @Sophia1 @Shaz51 @Teej @outlander @Sans911 @Faith-and-Hope candycane {not using the @ because I don't want to bother you 😉 }

I've finished my second roll of netting, that's 100 meters so far & I've still got a little to go. I have some second hand netting, which I avoided because it can be a real pest to unravel & this lots got barbed wire attached to it; but it'll do for the little bit I've got left 😉 {I'll put the barb to the bottom, shouldn't bother me so much}. I did notice the little fella have a little dig near the fence when I first started doing the netting, so I might have to put some very short in height {I think it's called bird netting} on the ground around the boundary. The mean in me has been getting quite thrilled by the little fella crying at the fence because he can't get out {even though it's still not finished yet & he does still eventualy go out for his morning inspection of the property . . . I'm gunna stop that!!!} & yesterday when I got home from seeing the patient lady, which ended up not being a session & I didn't have to pay, because she had to organize a review & I have to see my GP first; the little fella didn't greet me at the front of the driveway, he was still in the houseyard & boy did he carry on 😄 😄 😄

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance