Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Lemonjuice
Senior Contributor

Can't get rid of depression.

I can't seem to shake this depression.  It's been a good month now that I have become obsessive about suiciding. The gp has told me to increase my meds but I can't do it.  He wanted me to go see him by today, but I didn't.  I don't want to suicide but I am not doing anything to stop it either.  Sometimes it feels like I am possessed, cause when someone suggests I do something to help myself, a part inside says no, we're not stopping this.  Kind of feels like I am in a car that's out of control or being controlled by someone in the back seat.  Not sure what to do.  Seeing a psychiatrist on the 21st, hopefully he will have some answers.  I'm going to get an assessment and diagnosis for DID, cause I am not entirely convinced I have it or if I have just talked myself into it.  

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Can't get rid of depression.

Hi there @Lemonjuice,

Just wanted to let you know I'm concerned about your wellbeing, I'm glad you decided to reach out and that you're seeing a psychiatrist though. I am going to drop you an email soon, just to check in.

Just reading about the cashless welfare card...some sociopathic responses out there.  I'm so sick of it all.  It doesn't matter I suppose, I don't care anymore.  

It matters to me @Lemonjuice 

I know you are going through a really rough place - and things look incredibly bleak for you - and now you have SI becoming obsessive - that is really sad

I hear you though and how ever bad you feel - it''s better that you are here - you have a son I think - and imagine things from his point of view

Or maybe right now - you can't - but as a survivor of my son's suicide I can tell you it's never what other peoplel want - you are not the burden you feel yourself to be

You need to see your psychiatrist about your "disorder" - and to share your thoughts but I also understand you desire not to take more antidepressents - I agree - I have had it suggested in a small way that taking antidepressents while I am titrating down on pain medication would help - and I can't really see the sense in taking something like that would help me - so yes - I'm with you there

About this cashess welfare card - I am not completely dependent on the aged pension but I resent the possibililty that people might find themselves "highlighted" on such a way

Hold on Lemonjuice - I know things are really rough and have been for a long time - but I do care

Dec

@Owlunar  Thanks.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance