Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Jadej
Contributor

Distressed and Confused

Hi ya

I've been living all year with not one second where I di not physically and mentally hurt. I have school aged children, a job and other responsibilities as you all but at times I've been paralysed  I have no support as we are on a posting away from home and it's our second so I feel like I've been isolated for 3 years  it does things to you  . The way I see it I have 2 big problems.  I think my relationship is mentally abusive. He doesn't see it that way but he's pretty controlling, he won't hear of letting us go home no matter how sick I get or beg and I've had less empowerment in thus marriage  plus I feel like I was deceived into this whole way of life to begin with but that's another 

My othe orobkem is my declining mental health which I fight every day to manage for my girls sake  . I have PTSD from a family tragedy years ago that I cannot at the moment tend to as I'm just trying to get through each shift at work and make my girls happy  I dream of being able to take them away from all of this  He's not a bad man... narcissistic I'm told by my Dr  I have a tribe of people who love me and urge ne to come but in doing so I blow up my family   ..he has long lost any empathy for me and sees it as my own doing for not being able to adapt . I have a sick mum I want to be with. I have symptoms I don't understand.  I'm fit but I wake with nausea and pain. Yep I have supportive Drs and family i just am frozen by indecision not to mention his constant reinforcement id regret doing anything like leaving  we had kids late...I'm 50. A young one yet still 50! I feel like I've definitely lost perspective.  Life feels very foreign   I'm very raw. ..  

9 REPLIES 9

Re: Distressed and Confused

Welcome, @Jadej ...I can really hear your distress 😞 I'm sorry to hear about the situation you find yourself in.

Do you have any psychological support, like a psychologist or counsellor? 

A handy forum tip is if you type @ and then click on a name in the drop-down box, that person will get a notification and won't miss your reply. 

Hi @Jadej 

I'm one of the peer workers here at Sane. I'm so sorry to hear about your situation. It sounds really troubling. I'm really concerned about the mental abuse, to be honest. I want to give you this link to an article about emotional abuse. It has a link in the article to some services that you can reach out to for further support and information. 

I'm glad you found us here. Keep reaching out, I hope you find lots of support. I'll tag some of our lovely, wise members who are wonderful at welcoming new members. 

Sending hug

Hanami

@Snowie @NatureLover  @jem80 @Aniela @Shaz51 @AussieRecharger @ShiningStar @outlander @HenryX @Judi9877 @Zoe7 @wellwellwellnez @Eve7 @maddison @Boo13 @pinklollipop15   @CrazyChick@Hams , @Faith-and-Hope , @BPDSurvivor 

hey @Jadej, thank you for sharing your story with us here ❤️ 

I don't have much to add, but just wanted to say that this sounds really unfair and I'm sorry that it's happening to you. You (and nobody) deserves this ❤️ 

Hello @Jadej  and welcome to the forums. There are lots of kind supportive people here who always willing to listen.

I’m sorry everything is so hard for you right now. I hope you have some real support where you are.

Thank you. It feels so unreal to have kind words and people in my corner:)

Hi @Jadej ,

Welcome to the forums! I'm tyme, one of the peer support workers moderating tonight. 

Look forward to seeing you around on the forums 🙂

tyme

Thank you so much ..
I've kept it to myself for long.. it's like exhaling having people to share it with

Thank you... I m overwhelmed with appreciation from all your kind words. Just shows me how long I've been carrying this around knowing it's not normal but not bring able to normalise. I've no idea how I git here!
Thank you fir the link

That sure sounds so liberating! @Jadej 

Quick hint: If you'd like to tag members to your post so that they receive a notification, you can type "@" in front of their name.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance