Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Destiny47
Casual Contributor

Just need a place to vent

I'm not very goood at talking about this but I have been really anxious and depressed lately. I just feel empty all the time, I'm not sleeping again,  plus a myriad of other symptoms. I casually brought up what I'm going through with my husband but he also has mental health issues and didn't know what to say or do. I feel like, in letting him know what's going on I've almost repelled him. I know he's going through his own stuff but I'm just kinda tired of holding everyone up around me and being the support for everyone when I'm drowning here. It's not even that I'm unhappy I'm just super lonely and I feel nothing... I wish for once someone would take care of me or even notice that somethings not right. If youve read this far, thanks for listening stranger.

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Just need a place to vent

@Destiny47  Hi Destiny47 no strangers here just friends to lend you a kindly ear when times are tough. It can be a lonely ride being the carer of someone with a mi.I am kind of in your shoes as I have a mi and have children with mis. You must look after your ow health. Do you have activities that you like to do like walking, swimming, gardening etc. Things just for you. Have you looked around for forum yet at the various threads available. You are not alone. greenpeaxx

I still need to have a look around in the forums. I have hobbies they just aren't interetesting me at the moment. I have a heap of plants indoors and I usually like taking care of them but it's just not really been the same lately.

Hi @Destiny47 just wanted to say welocme, and that I read your post.

'I wish for once someone would take care of me or even notice that somethings not right'

Yes. I get it. It sounds like you are carrying a lot.

I hope you can eek out some time for yourself, and even if hobbies are not interesting to you atm I hope you can find a way of putting yourself first, even for a little while.

take care

Hi @greenpea 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance