Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: My special place

being scared that you wont click is normal esp when weve had our other supports for so long @Snowie
its ok if you don't click with this one, see how you go, ask if your old psych can do up a summary so you don't have to go over everything and see if that helps, if not then have a look into someone else. you could have a look online yourself and see if theres someone who stands out to you too.
you don't have to know what the right thing is right now, sometimes it takes a little longer.
For now while these changes are happening maybe see if you could get a support worker? im not sure how to go about that but many people here have them as an added support person..

I dont know how to get a support worker either @outlander I guess I could look into it. I'm not sure if you need NDIS to get one.

Thanks for sitting with me tonight @outlander @Sans911 

I have taken meds and hopefully will be asleep soon.

I don't think you need to be on NDIS @Snowie might be worth having a look into though.

@Sans911 you've got a mh worker don't you? can you shed some light on how to access one?

sitting with you both as always 💜💜💜💜💜💜💜

Sorry @outlander @Snowie not getting notifications tonight.

Yes, I have a mh nurse. He is connected with my local mh clinic/hospital and is in the community side of mh. So Snowie would have to connect up with her community mh service-if that's possible. Otherwise there are other government and non government agencies that have support workers. Might need a referral from her GP or pdoc. These services don't usually cost but sometimes you might only get six months (due to funding). I think Neami is in Victoria or there'd be others similar to them. I'd definitely recommend it for @Snowie.

@Snowie - thinking of you 💙💙💙💙💙💙💙💙💙

I'm not tagging anyone because I just need to vent.

On top of everything else, my mother has been so cruel to me lately. Everything seems to be my fault. She says statements like "you only care about yourself", "you don't care about me", "we dont have a relationship anymore", "you never do anything for me".

She makes me so upset and angry. If I hadn't taken her in years ago and given her a place to live then she wouldn't be able to afford to live anywhere else. Since my fathers death I am just her punching bag. She continues to say all these mean, hurtful things to me and the moment I say something back to her I am the worst person in the world. 

I can't deal with her with everything else happening at the moment. She is toxic to me but she is all I have got. I can't kick her out.

I just wish things were different. She makes my bad thoughts go to extreme levels. She makes me want to do things.

@Snowie 💙💚💜💕💙💚💜💕

sending you lots of hugs @Snowie HeartHeart

just asking -- is your mum like that all the time or is it just lately my friend

has something happen with your mum to do this xxx

Hearing you @Snowie and know how hard it can be when they turn everything around to be about them. It leaves you feeling totally demoralised and not wanting that connection because that just adds to your pain. I also get how trying to talk to her about it makes you out to be the 'bad' person. She is the one being selfish here and not seeing the negative effect her attitude and words are doing to you. You definitely do not need that Hon - life is hard enough without that toxicity in your life. Unfortunately I do not,have any answers for you but am here with you and listening Heart

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance