Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: Tw Not Coping

heya @Birdofparadise8, it sounds like that was a bit hurtful? Im sorry.  

It's so great that you're wanting to figure out if a safety plan can be supportive, but because of other factor, this convo is really difficult to have over the forums, in a public place. For the safety of everyone, I'm going to send you an email and ask the convo continue there @Birdofparadise8  ❤️ 

The best support for these kind of conversations would be over the phone I think. Would you be up for speaking to

• Kids Helpline
  • Sane Drop-in

or somewhere else to speak about how a safety plan can be supportive for you? 

@hanami, nothing beats a morning caffeine 🙂. I have to have coffee in the morning. And drink tea in the early afternoon. I actually get withdrawal if I don’t get my coffee or tea.

@Birdofparadise8, safety plans are often helpful in navigating suicidal thoughts. Safety plans often also have numbers to contact if further support is needed. It does make it a bit tricky with her being your aunt, the emotional factor does come to play. I hope you can have a conversation around this with one of the helplines.

@amber22, I hope you are doing well today 💖. I have two types of blue light glasses. One morning and one evening. The evening ones are amber tinted, I’ve never seen the amber tinted ones as prescription but the daytime ones are readily available as prescription and non prescription. The floaty thingies can get worse with too much light exposure. At least they don’t last too long, though it probably makes it unsafe to do anything strenuous or drive during them due to blind spots. Physical health wise, I’m better than yesterday, emotionally been a struggle. Body flashbacks are gruesome.

Thank you, you too! ❤️ @creative_writer Oh wow that is so interesting, do you find that they help you a lot? That's good that the floaty things don't last too long, the fact that they are triggered by light makes me think that they are migraine related maybe. I am glad that you are feeling better physical wise, I hope that you're able to take today slow and do something that makes you feel a bit better emotionally.

Oh okay sorry about that I’ll check it now @TuxedoCat @amber22 

@amber22, both glasses help. The evening ones help with sleep and can help with agitation. I feel like I’ve been prone to mixed states since spring started. Taking it slow, but body almost feels normal now.

Hey @TuxedoCat I replied to your email sorry if I have done something wrong. 

heya @Birdofparadise8 you're not in trouble ❤️ Because of how the forums work, we're not able to support you with specifics of a safeplan. 

What we can say, is that safe plans keep lots and lots of people safe while SI is really strong. Here are a few resources which might be useful

❤️ 

Thank you @TuxedoCat 

Are you still on @amber22 

Hey @tyme 

Are you on today at all and how are you going? Hopefully better then me if you see any of my previous posts. 

Hey just wondering if anyone is on and up for a chat at all? 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance