Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

red1
Casual Contributor

Not coping.

Hi everyone.

Tonight all I want to do is cry and have been crying on and off for the last few weeks.  I'm not coping with being diagnosed with bpd and anxiety.  I've told family and relatives not to communicate with me because of their attitudes and they are being negative and want to believe that I have another diagnosis to what I have.  Anyway things aren't good.  I've spoken to who i think I can talk to and they tell me that I am okay and it's just a part of bpd.  When I think of what my future will be, to me it's not a good one.  How do others cope?

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Not coping.

hi @red1 and welcome
sorry to hear how tough it is for you.
I also have bpd and anxiety amongst other things so could relate to you. I also don't have a good relationship with family.
I cope by seeking out supports such as gp, psychologist and also a psychiatrist for medications to help with mood swings and extreme emotions that come with bpd.

please feel free to look around the forums and join in where you like. If you put an @ before a members name itll tag them just as ive done for you.
Former-Member
Not applicable

Re: Not coping.

Hey, I have bpd same as you. It gets better. Stay strong and stand up for yourself; it's an illness it doesn't define you.

Your family will come around eventually, how would they know better than a psychiatrist? 

Finally, I think have bpd is awesome. Don't get me wrong it's really, really hard but once your over the whole social stigma of it all, you know, the one you create in your head, you'll be fine. wish you the best.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance