Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Powderfinger
Senior Contributor

Update on me worrying about my capacity to work.

I have worked through some things. Not fully there yet but making some headway. 

I'm launching my new business within the next five days. Could be any day between then. It's a big deal but I've made some changes to my thinking and way of doing things. Basically I stopped listening to what everyone told me I will need to do and listened to myself. 

On Monday, another big day, I am holding my talk about my book. It's a big event, so I've started planning for Monday. It's another huge deal. 

I've never really had these opportunities in life. I'm still living in a bit of hell myself. My modus operandi when I'm in a really bad place in my life is to stop everything and recover. I wasn't happy with this entirely. My business and writing makes me happy. I feel it is necessary for my recovery. 

In saying that, I have very limited work hours at the moment. I'm lucky with the type of business I have, I can do that. I've got a booking system now and blocked out days of the week I'm not available for appointments. My hours for appointments are only 10am to 3pm. 

I figured some if my thinking was faulty, due to people telling me what I have to do. It was a bit silly really but I've caught into it now and have made adjustments. Basically I made my website do the work for me. 

I'm making a lot of changes. I'm glad U can launch it soon. I will use the first month as a testing phase and iron things out as I go. All the necessary things that are essential are in place do that is all that matters. 

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Update on me worrying about my capacity to work.

@Powderfinger Well done on your direction and thought process.  All the best for Monday, I am sure it will be well.  You are stepping in the right direction, keep it going. 🙂  Excited and Happy for you

Re: Update on me worrying about my capacity to work.

@DJMasters thank you so much. I'm excited about Monday. I'm doing the rest of the planning around it today. Thanks for the positive uplifting support. 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance