Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: why can't I cope longer?

sending love and hugs @Former-Member Heart

Dear @Former-Member ,

you sound so sad, I do not know what loss you will be grieving but I know how hard it is and how these times are at anniversaries.

grief is the price we pay for love.   

I will be with you and thinking of you over this time.

love peri

Former-Member
Not applicable

20200115 (32)_1_1_1.jpeg

He seems ok with it. Has been invited away to beach for long weekend but wanted to fit me in for the Tuesday (Australia Death Day :/) I donno, blackdogs telling me "youre hopeless  & everyone's better off without you"  I don't know why SI is triggered a lot after these glitches with my son. Maybe failure or something.  Oh how easy it would be. I wish there was a 'safe house' with company for me to go when I feel suicidal like this. 

@Former-Member Next week is going to be so tough Hon Smiley Sad but you are not hopeless and everyone is not better off without you - that is your depression and grief talking Smiley Sad 

I know that Aust Day is a massive day for you but making plans with your son may be a good distraction as well. Doing something nice together to celebrate the memory of your daughter may ease that pain a little. It is still going to be a hard day but maybe sharing that grief a little may ease the pain a bit. I now find doing something to celebrate the memory of those lost really helps. That does not mean it is not a tough day (and often still tears) but also a few smiles at the wonderful times I had with those not still with us.

In saying that, do what you feel you need to do to get through the day/week and of course we will be here to support you also. Hugs and hugs Heart

Former-Member
Not applicable

Hey @Former-Member, I've just sent an email to check in with you and your safety as I can see you're going through a rough time Heart 

Former-Member
Not applicable

20200903-0702_1_1.jpeg

Thanks appreciate support. I don't think I've ever expected 'counselling' here, though it is a fine line between that and peer support (in my experience) so I don't need those referrals, be understand it's a necessary protocol / accountability, sorry to cause alarm. I'll try shorten blackdogs leash 😕  

Dr apt this pm. BP good, scans show pinched nerve degeneration and of cause there's nothing they can do. Told to 'look after myself" which translated means lose weight. Yep, aleady know that. My parting words were "it's impossible" No time for emotional issues... she's just come back from leave and  was already 1.5hrs behind for me, she got called out  of my consult for  emergency   and I needed scripts...  so no, really couldn't bring up the SI. Just glad the scans were benign, the blood pressure normal (re headache) & I got scripts. Called in  op shop on way home (can't help myself) but was delighted to see the lawn done when I got home and furbaby soooo excited to see me. So back in bed re back... just gotta not expect too much. 

💜🌻 @Former-Member 

Former-Member
Not applicable

Hello dear @Former-Member 

just wanted to let you know I haven't forgotten you. Juggling my balls of life (not very well at present) but think of you and always brings a smile to my face when I see you, love and hugs xoxo

Former-Member
Not applicable

Aww thanks @Anastasia, that's nice of you to say. Thank you. How are you? You seem very busy but i've missed a lot sorry.
I nearly cancelled but made myself stick to a plan to take a new friend to movies... glad I did, it was her birhday today. We watched 'The Dry' which was quite good - Eric Bana was great, good storyline.
We had a gelato & coffee after (icecream shop) but we were swamped by a large group of young school girls reminding me of my girl 😢 It's torture! I was able to hold it 'till we finished coffee, and I think it went well. Tricky making new friends. My back's sore tonight, so bombing out tonight. 😴

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance