Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Special Events

Peonies
Senior Contributor

Topic Tuesday//BOTH FORUMS// Creative expression and our wellbeing! // Tues 28 July 7- 8 30pm AEST featuring Special Guest Artists from the DAX Centre

July Topic Tuesday (1).png

We would like to invite members from both Lived Experience and Friends, Family and Carers Forums to join our Topic Tuesday this month! 

We are very excited to have two special guest artists from the DAX Centre coming to our Topic Tuesday this month. We will be discussing a range of topics on all things art and creative expression, as well as covering some tips on how we can apply creative expression to our daily lives!

I'm new here - what is Topic Tuesday?

Topic Tuesday runs from 7pm - 8:30pm AEST monthly. Each month we focus on a different topic, with the session facilitated by a Community Manager or Moderator. Sometimes Topic Tuesday will feature a special guest, who is an expert in the topic.

The first post of the thread (this one) will give you an idea of what the topic is and what will be covered.

How do I get involved?

Topic Tuesday takes place right here! It's text based, so no software is needed. During the session, to keep up with the latest posts hit the 'refresh' button on your browser for the latest posts (it doesn't automatically update). Keep an eye for page numbers at the top & bottom of the page, and jump to the highest page number for the most recent post.

Throughout the session, the facilitator will put questions out for you to answer, usually asking for your own experience on the topic. To contribute to the session, just hit the 'reply' button and share your thoughts. No answers are right or wrong and everyone is welcome to get involved.

What time does this event start in my timezone?

• AEST- 7pm
  • ACDT- 6:30pm
  • ACST- 5:30pm
  • WST- 4pm

If you have any questions about how to use the Forums, check out our Guides

120 REPLIES 120

Re: Topic Tuesday//BOTH FORUMS// Creative expression and our wellbeing! // Tues 28 July 7- 8 30pm AEST featuring Special Guest Artist from the DAX Cen

Hi there @Shaz51 @Maggie @Appleblossom @Snowie @BlueBay @Zoe7 @Judi9877 

Just wanted to update you that we have just changed the title for this month's event. After consultation with our guests, we all thought that this new title would more appropritate to reflect the topic that will be discussed on the night! 

More information about the event will be coming soon! See you all on the night 😊 

Re: Topic Tuesday//BOTH FORUMS// Creative expression and our wellbeing! // Tues 28 July 7- 8 30pm AEST featuring Special Guest Artist from the DAX Cen

Hello everyone!

Welcome to tonight’s Topic Tuesday event with our special guests from the DAX Centre 😄 🌺

All are welcome but I am tagging members who supported the previous post to receive a reminder 

@Matthew @frog @Former-Member @Former-Member @Shaz51 @Maggie @Appleblossom @Snowie @BlueBay @Zoe7 @Judi9877 

In tonight’s event – Creative expression and our wellbeing. We will be discussing what does it mean to be creative, what is creative expression, the benefits and challenges of doing art for our wellbeing (especially our mental health wellbeing) during times of uncertainty. We hope that by the end of the night you can take away some useful tips and strategies to incorporate creativity in to your daily self-care routines.

For those who may not know already, my name is Peonies. I am a new community manager on the SANE forums. I am very excited to be hosting today’s topic as my first Topic Tuesday event as painting is one of my favourite and go-to self-care activities 🎨

I will be here with @JIT who is a new community manager, to facilitate and prompt questions for us all to share thoughts and ideas with. Please come along and join us in welcoming our two very special guests - @paintingallday and @Renegade from the DAX Centre

I will now invite our guests to introduce themselves and then we will get the discussion started! 

Remember to refresh your browser every few minutes to keep up with the latest posts, and hit the reply button to get involved!

Jan19_31_69674778-1024x576.jpg

My name is Renee and I’m a conscious dance teacher.

I’ve been dancing in this free form of conscious dance since 2007, on recommendation by a clinical psychologist. Its changed and enhanced my life and wellbeing in so many ways: from giving me the opportunity to release energy, stories and feelings in my body, to connecting me with a community of people who are also in love with music, self expression and self inquiry.

I have a background in philosophy and art making and these passions also inform my vision for how I walk through life. I use all of these, and other tools to explore the world, manifest my goals and get along with others, in ways that I wasn’t as successful at when I didn’t have them.

Hi everyone! Very happy to be here with you all 🙂 I am an abstract painter who mainly works on a large scale, mostly canvas pieces, sometimes directly on interior and exterior walls. I am enamoured with and fascinted by colour! 🤗 My art celebrates and explores the expressive power of colour ❤️🧡💛💚💙💜

Hi @Peonies @paintingallday @Renegade  Thanks for putting this special topic on. I'm looking forward to seeing how it goes with creativity and mental health😊

Great to meet you Renee! And wow, it sounds like dance has been an awesome practice for you mentally and physially. 

Hi @Judi9877 , 

Thanks for tuning in tonight! I'm looking forward to it also 😄

Alrighty everyone! Let’s kick off tonight's discussion with the first question.

What comes to your mind when I mention the word creative? What does being creative mean to you?

It really has.
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance