Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Welcome & getting started

Historylover
Senior Contributor

Apology

A note of apology to @tyme for my recent outburst. Everything just got too much for me, and remains that way. Cheers.

55 REPLIES 55
chibam
Senior Contributor

Re: Apology

Hi @Historylover . Sorry you've been feeling so overwhelmed lately. 😟 I don't know what to say. I hope things are starting to look a bit brighter.🤗

Thanks @chibam. 🥰

tyme
Community Lead

Dear @Historylover ,

Thank you for your dignity and honesty in reaching out.

I hear things have not been going too well for you, and in the past, you have found the forums helpful. I would not want to take that away from you.

I respect you and I acknowledge what is currently happening for you.

If, at anytime, you have any questions, you are very welcome to email team@saneforums.org

I deeply appreciate your post, and wish you all the best.

See you around, tyme

Hi @chibam 👋

Hugs and a cuppa and chat @Historylover 

I saw you setting a boundary and being defensive of a valued relationship, but maybe this is part of an issue with boundaries not always being a good thing. idk

Good to see you.

Yes, @Appleblossom.  On several K10 tests (if that is what they are called), when asked how often I felt worthless, I have answered with a resounding "Never!", but I endure a constant feeling that I have been mercilessly used up and cast on the scrap heap, and I consider that to be an accurate appraisal. It's a different issue, to my mind.

The injustice causes me deep, unrelenting despair, and to think that I still defend that monster of a psy is a measure of the 'number' he did on me.  Just wish I could return the favour to my abusers.

Cheers. I'm having hot chocolate–of sorts–and 'a' biscuit.

Shaz - Believe itShaz - Believe it058587.jpg

These can probably pass for hot choc and bikkies maybe.

I am not big on some of the measurement 'tools' used.

Cant agree with your negative self talk.

I looked up to a pdoc who took me for a ride too.  Not seen him in a long time, but it was at a crucial period in my young family's life.

chibam
Senior Contributor

@Historylover wrote:

Yes, @Appleblossom.  On several K10 tests (if that is what they are called), when asked how often I felt worthless, I have answered with a resounding "Never!", but I endure a constant feeling that I have been mercilessly used up and cast on the scrap heap, and I consider that to be an accurate appraisal. It's a different issue, to my mind.

I'm sure it varies from doctor to doctor, but IME, those tests were never even looked at. I used to vary my responses all the time, trying to figure out how I could send a silent SOS to my doctor, and there was never any reaction. Not from him, nor from Medicare. I don't think anyone looks at the numbers.

Hoping you feel better, @Historylover .🤗

@Appleblossom, you didn't have to worry about providing the refreshments. I got my own, but I'm enjoying those you've provided now, too. I love almond fingers and that hot chocolate looks better than the one I made! Marshmellow, too?

I think you may have misread my reference to Dutch. It belongs to my ex-h, not to me. I can still enjoy almond fingers though.

I am trying to churn my way through my assignments. A really heavy load in this course with an extra assignment before the big, PowerPoint presentation. 

It's not negative self-talk @Appleblossom, it's just an accurate appraisal of my situation. I wish it wasn't.

The measurement tools are ridiculous. I answered anything to some as they didn't even apply or were unable to be interpreted. Any answer can't be a very reliably measured test. 

I'm limping on @chibam. That was a very bruising experience and I didn't think I could ever recover. Perhaps–slowly. 

I've endured two K10 tests in past years. One from a GP who seemed to think that it was an excellent tool, and the other from a social worker of some sort. I felt infantilized being subjected to their childish game. It would be kind to say it was ridiculous. I just shake my head in exasperation. Medical science at its best? That's why I look after my health. 

I hope you're doing alright–or better @chibam. Sending all good cheer.😊

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance