Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Diabetes and mental health

It hovers from a 6.1 to 6.7 when I wake up in the morning. ---this is soo good @SmilingGecko 

and well done for what you have done over the last 5 months that is wow my friend xx

wondering what your overall blood sugar level ?

mine is high at night time and then back down to 6.2 in the mornings 

@pinklollipop15 , @tyme , @Dimity , @FloatingFeather , @hanami , @amber22 

Interesting question @Shaz51 . My GP said my bloods were good,  fasting glucose OK   but I just looked up my hba1c and I'm still  in the prediabetic range. 

hba1c --- mine in my last lots of blood test was 7.3, @Dimity , @SmilingGecko , gone up a little but the doctor said overall is ok with my kidney disease 

i like to get it down a little 

The average last blood draw was around 5.5 @Shaz51 but she wants the daily DIY lancet fasting blood glucose test to be 4 - 5.5. Don't know what my average is now. The 5.5 average was back in January or February. I will need another blood draw in May roundabouts so will see what the new average is then

Hello @Shaz51 thanks for directing me to this thread.  I had forgotten about it.  I restrict fats both plant and animal.  Which means restricted nuts, seeds and avocado and lean meats. I don't cook with oil. I only cook meat in a non stick pan. 

I also tried reversing my fatty liver by drinking lemon water upon arising and a whole head of celery juice every day and other strategies to reduce fatty liver which I can't list as they are links to paid websites

I exercise twice a day, morning and night and do resistance band training.

I bought a Chrysocolla crystal diabetes bracelet just to try. Don't know how much faith I have in it but its said to bring blood sugars down. You got to know how to work with crystals - cleansing them and then charging them up or they typically won't work. Don't know if they work for diabetes but people are selling them - CAPITALISM!!! lol

Another thing I use is an Earthing mat and it will enhance circulation so your neuropathy goes away and your blood sugar comes down. You won't have tingles or numbness in your feet anymore.

You can also listen to a diabetes I and II healing audio from Sapien Medicine on you tube. People with diabetes have been able to come off their meds. I listen to it every day.  Its free

TW: Mentions diet and exercise and modifiable risk factors

How are you going @Shaz51 @SmilingGecko ??

I just had the 12 month review from my diet and exercise coaching program so it's officially wrapped up. I've persevered with most of the recommendations and have achieved all the program's goals re weight loss and food choices but my fasting glucose is still prediabetic and I'm considereda very high risk. Apparently the main modifiable risk factor now is my waist measurement - I should reduce it further. That will be hard given my psych med and body shape but the coach said it should be achievable since I've come this far already. 

I'm keeping up better with house and garden chores - more energy and motivation - and not as daunted by the walks between public transport connections - all good. 

Impressive! @Dimity ! That is certainly so encouraging to hear! I'm so proud of you that you were able to achieve all the goals you set out. I acknowledge making lifestyle changes may not have been easy, so I really respect how far you have come.

Hugs!

Thanks @tyme I appreciate your support. 

I love my walks. But I need to get onto some new recipes and try some stretches and flexibility exercises. I'm getting a bit creaky in the cold weather.

My arthritis in my feet has been playing up and it makes it so hard because I'm on my feet for most of the day! @Dimity 

Ouch @tyme . My feet are firmly supported in runners & orthotics. Might see a physio some time for my gammy leg but liniment helps. 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance