Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

ClockFace
Senior Contributor

My Little Purple Monkey

So my sister has been experiencing a bit of psychosis so I have tried to help her deal with it.

I opened up to her about something I have never told anyone else but I though others here might get a kick out of it or actually find it useful.

I have a little purple monkey, thats where I assign the mental health issues of my life, Bipolar 2 with psychotic features, little puple monkey, anxiety and depression the same. The little purple monkey and I are inseperable, I am not me without him and he would cease to exist without me.

While we are inseperable we are not one and the same. I am me and he does not define me but he does tend to get under my skin and cause me to act in a way I normally wouldnt. Hes a little monkey and he gets into places that just rub me the wrong way.

Im still responsible for what I do, because its my little monkey but I dont feel guilty for the things the little purple monkey does.

This is how I see my mental health, it might not be to everyones liking but it helps me make it through.
1 REPLY 1

Re: My Little Purple Monkey

I really like the idea of this purple monkey @ClockFace . I think it's an idea that can be really helpful for many people.

Hanami

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance