Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

LordLeonidason
Casual Contributor

Over Eating

I don't think i am currently depressed, however i seem to be bored and for whatever reason i only seem to want to eat and sleep even though i can't sleep as much as i would like. idk what this means anyone got any ideas?

5 REPLIES 5
Kyle1
Senior Contributor

Re: Over Eating

@LordLeonidason 

I think if you presented to your gp with this they would call it symptomatic of depression. 

And would want to know more... What else is going on in your life? ... 

On the surface it sounds like the doldrums. 

When was the last time you spoke to someone about this  like a gp, or counsellor? Or have you yet challenged yourself to make a behavioural change, like regular walks, volunteering, things like that? ...

If i went to a GP or counsellor it would be a waste of my time as they would just send me off to 4 other Drs or whatever and just try to medicate me like they always do

Hi @LordLeonidason 

I'm not going to pretend that I have the answer, nor am I going to try and work out what is wrong. Since I am not a professional, I don't think I should answer your question.

However, I do know that I am the opposite. I struggle to eat when things are not going well for me. 

I do hope that you find the answers you are looking for. Please remember that we are here for you.

I'm sorry @LordLeonidason if that sounded harsh. It was never meant to be.

I wish I had the answers for you, unfortunately I just don't.

Sometimes I don't even have them for myself 😏

@Snowie all good i understand thanks

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance