Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Strawberrypink
New Contributor

Bipolar episode?

Hi, does anyone here who has bipolar find that they have episodes where they are intensely anxious and almost socially delusional for weeks, but sleep fine/attend work? I had a disagreement with my room-mates, and I've been finding my self ranting out loud to myself, feeling really upset and stressed, and just wanting to find a new place to live. I'm starting to calm down, but I seem to have episodes of irritability and anxiety that come out of nowhere a lot, and I become more out of my shell and very nervous during those episodes and feel like I'm in flight mode, and have to get out or just want to hide but feel stuck in my out there and stressed mood. Does anyone else have episodes where they become that stressed? I'm honestly feeling worried by how little insight I have into how illogically stressed I am during those episodes because I don't want people to feel disliked or to be rude, or have social problems. Is this a "bipolar thing", and if it is, what do you tend to do to manage your episodes.

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Bipolar episode?

Hi @Strawberrypink,

Welcome to the Forums, it is nice to have you with us. My name is FloatingFeather and I am one of the peer support workers at SANE. 

Thank you for sharing some of your story with us. I have attached a link that connects to different posts about bipolar - hoping they may be of some use to you Bipolar Posts.

One of the best part of the Forums is the ability to chat with peers that may have lived experience around many different topics such as bipolar.

I am also included a couple of tips to help you get started on the forums as it can be a little confusing for some in the beginning.

Tip 1 - if you want to directly chat with someone on the Forums use the @ symbol and then start typing their name directly after it. A dropdown box should appear, and you then select their name. This ensures that they are notified of any posts you mention them in.

Tip 2 – the most recent posts are the latest page numbers.

I look forward to seeing you on the forums 🙂.

Warms wishes,

FloatingFeather

Re: Bipolar episode?

Hi @Strawberrypink it's not necessarily a typical bipolar thing but in the past I've  experienced times of extreme stress and anxiety  rather than elevated mood or  hypomania. If I then have trouble sleeping it can get worse.

You'd be very welcome to join the mob on the Let`s talk about Bipolar thread - lots of fellow travellers and sympathetic friends.

Cheers

Dimity

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance