Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Jake63
Senior Contributor

Happy to be back and connecting with you all!

Hello everyone, 

It has been sometime since I posted here. I have been very busy these past 2 months. One of the main reasons I have been busy is because I got a new job - I got a new job as a cleaner. I have been doing very great guns in my new job, I love my job. One of the main reasons why I love it is because I have learned a lot of new skills. At this point in time I am only working about 4 hours a week but I will be gradually building up to 8 hours a week. 

For quite sometime, too, I was navigating some difficult problems with a company that was 'providing' me with support coordination (you may recall that I am an NDIS participant). I had some pretty bad experiences let me tell you. This week I met with a new support coordinator and she is absolutely fantastic. I can't wait to do even more work with her! 

On top of the above I was also working through some very trying relationship difficulties with my best friend, things got a bit stressful between the two of us and so we had to take a bit of a break. I feel as though the break was very much needed, and I also feel like that break we took will help the friendship even more so. I think sometimes we all need to take a break from friendships and relationships. Relationships are a big job, but I also think relationships are an important job. 

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Happy to be back and connecting with you all!

Cleaning is a great cruisy job. I used to like going to peoples homes and having the day to myself with no manager and no colleagues.  I used to clean all kinds of houses. There was a place that was really modern which I loved cleaning.The lady used to throw house concerts and I was invited. My friend used to stay with them until she got a place through the housing commission. She was a cook and used to cook great meals for my employer. It was a good time in my life having the experience of a tight knit community.  Everyone knew eachother and supported eachother. It was great @Jake63

Hi @SmilingGecko!

I think I can totally understand what you mean, it sounds like you had a role slightly different role to me. I am cleaning The Reject Shop. But cleaning other people's houses sounds like great fun! 

Having the day to yourself and with no one watching over your shoulder while you work sounds amazing! My role is like that at the moment, you are just trusted to do your job and I do do my job to the best of my ability. It beats being micro-managed!

So true @Jake63! I'm so glad you've got that job. I do love The Reject Shop. Back when I was younger when The Reject Shop first started they used to sell lots of craft supplies.  My friend used to host a day where everyone could come along and create gifts for friends. We had a number of sewing machines going, glues, paints you name it. My friend used to have incredible hospitality. I do miss her, she got me though my first breakdown.  All I got from her was LOVE during those difficult times in my life. Her mother was a psychiatric nurse so my friend was ok about what happened with my mental illness diagnosis. She was the most purest most loving person and stood by me through all the hardship and turmoil. People would love my friend, complete strangers were taken aback by her inner beauty. 

Hi Jake63,
Congratulations on the new job and having a new support coordinator. I am glad you have found someone you can count on to help. I totally agree with you relationships are a big job and a lot of hard work. But also very important.
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance