Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Re: Hot Chocolate Anyone ?

TOMORROW @Appleblossom  HeartHeartHeart xoxoxox

@Appleblossom, there's a story I heard about the Ballarat black swans. In the 1800s there was a "naturalisation" program where people would release familiar birds and animals from England in Australia to go wild. Our town once had a ceremonial release of sparrows. Might be their descendants that are always raiding our chooks' feed tub.

And in Ballarat, they released white swans on to Lake Wendouree. The black swans chased them away. Second attempt, same result. Am not sure if they were stubborn enough to give it a third try. 😄

Former-Member
Not applicable

I think they regret introducing sparrows and starlings, I don't know if I am right in thinking they don't having them in WA @Appleblossom @@Smc perhaps @Faith-and-Hope  or @Adge  might know.

Yeah .... we have Willy-wagtails everywhere, but no “popcorn birds” .....

@Former-Member 

Hi @Former-Member & everyone.

No sparrows or starlings in WA yet - they have been trying to force their way across the border for decades.

Occasionally some come across in a sea container, or in a truck.

They are considered major agricultural pests, so they've tried to keep them out.

Sheer weight of numbers (millions) means that we cannot succeed, in the long run.

Adge

Fascinating @Smc @Adge @Faith-and-Hope @Shaz51 @Former-Member 

what hoomans get up to!

Smiley Happy

@Appleblossom  Heart

birthday cake.jpg

hello @Faith-and-Hope , @Adge , @Former-Member , @Smc 

Hi @sueport  @Confused_Mama @catwar @Tufftimes @maggie3 @Dunks @Carlachris @Jezza_au @Dadcaringalone ..... anyone for coffee, tea, other ..... ??

🍪🌷🍪🌷

@Faith-and-Hope Hello - thanks for the invite 🙂 - I've just had a chocolte digestive and I'm about to go out for coffee and walk with a friend in the sunshine. A quiet day today with sometime to recharge.

that sounds nice @Confused_Mama , enjoy

and then ent some sunshine up here Smiley Very Happy

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance