Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Welcome & getting started

dave04
New Contributor

New to this

Hi

Just joined as I really could do with some help/guidance.  I recently started a new relationship with a lady who is suffering complex PTSD.  The mood swings are constant going from extreme argumentative to loving and kind. I was staying at her house and it was going ok for a while but then she would suddenly explode to the point of telling me to get out.  The problem I have is that I love the woman and do not want to give up on her but I did have to move out as she told me to. We still communicate through phone calls and sms and she says she loves me and wants me back but not yet so I have a terrible feeling that the longer we are apart, the harder it will be for us to get back together.  Not sure what the answer is, all I know is that I want to be with her and help her but without knowing when she will next have an episode it makes it hard to maintain a relationship, especially as I have no idea if/when she will ask me to return

1 REPLY 1

Re: New to this

HI @dave04,

Welcome to the Forums. My name is FloatingFeather and I am one of the peer support workers at SANE. It is nice to have you with us.

It sounds like you have a bit going on at the moment. I would imagine it would also be a confusing and painful time. Unfortunately I don't have any lived experience around PTSD (lived or as a carer) so I can't help you from that perspective but I will attach a couple of links around PTSD that hopefully may be of some help to you:

PTSD conversations (a link to various conversations which may include people that have lived experience with PTSD that may be able to give you some help / guidance)

PTSD information (a link to information around PTSD)

I can tell how much you love her just by the fact that you have joined us to find out more information about PTSD and you say you don't want to give up on her (which is really lovely of you). It is good that you are still in communication - I really believe that as long as you people keep communicating there is hope of reconciliation. 

I think giving her space whilst still communicating via calls and sms is probably a good idea. I hope things work out for you both.

Warm regards,

FloatingFeather

PS. On an aside here are a couple of tips to help you on the Forums.

Tip 1 - if you want to directly chat with someone on the Forums use the @ symbol and then start typing their name directly after it. A dropdown box should appear, and you then select their name. This ensures that they are notified of any posts you mention them in.

Tip 2 – the most recent posts are the latest page numbers.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance