Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Welcome and getting started

sion
New Contributor

hello!!

hi there!

[Removed by Moderator]

i've recently joined the sane self-guided support secondary to mental health conditions i have including GAD, OCD, MDD, SAD, C-PTSD, panic disorder, somatisation disorder, and potentially a (unspecified) personality disorder. due to my multiple previous histories with various types of trauma, i can recognise from an outside perspective that there are ways that i can improve, but sometimes it can be hard to feel that i am worthy of that. i also have a hard time verbalising and expressing my emotions and feelings well or appropriately and especially have a hard time with keeping connections with people i enjoy the company of and care about (usually because i get anxious or exhausted with replying! 😅)

i also have a number of friends who struggle with a variety of mental health conditions, so want to do my best to support and consider them how i can in my everyday life!

whilst i do have experience as a health clinician and have done some post-graduate training in child and adolescent mental health, i can really struggle with applying these principles to myself and seeking help from supports around me.

i find the inclusion of mental health and support so important as a consideration of day-to-day life and really try to have an openness surrounding this with my friends and work colleagues and try my best to consider mental health in everyday life and interactions.

despite all this, i am really trying to better myself and my mental health- especially my avoidant tendancies- and while i can feel myself improving with baby steps over the years, i am really trying to make a push to work on myself!!

outside of my mental health struggles (which absolutely don't define me as a person and not widely known through people i know) i love taking trips with my dog, going op shopping across sydney and doing crafts! my current craft craze is with learning to sew, but i also love watercolour and acrylic painting, small clay projects, BJDs, jewellery making, millinery, doodling/sketching, cosplay/costume and probably more that i can't think of!

outside of crafting, i'm also a major fan of dnd, trivia/random facts and board games (along with some video games when i have the time 😅)

it would be lovely to connect with like-minded people, who can appreciate amd understand that despite getting to know each other over a longer period of time and through periods of inability/anxiety to message back, that there is still the same amount of care and support as if contacted more frequently! 😇

all the best to you all and looking forward to hopefully being apart of more forums and groups and if you have any recommendations please let me know !! 🙏

♡ sion 

3 REPLIES 3
Jynx
Peer Support Worker

Re: hello!!

Howdy @sion and welcome!! So good to have you with us 😁

Just quickly, I wanted to let you know I have edited a couple of bits in your post that were in breach of our Anonymity Guideline. Not a thing to worry about, plenty of our newbies accidentally breach the guidelines at the beginning! You can have a read over them here, if you haven't already 😉 We've also got some Tips & Tricks and a list of our Social Spaces, feel free to have a poke about!

Thanks for sharing a bit of your story with us too! I can really hear that you've been chugging along on the struggle bus for a time, but you're taking some amazing steps forward, and the hopefulness and the conviction in your words is inspiring to see! 

Also heck yes D&D!! I'm looking to start up a D&D group for our community, it's just been put on the back burner for a smidge whilst I deal with some life stuff. But the post is here if you wanna read about it - you can also subscribe to the thread (top left of thread is an 'Options' button, the drop down should have a 'Subscribe' option, so you get emailed whenever someone posts there) to be kept in the loop for when it kicks off!

Looking forward to seeing you round!!

Glisten
Senior Contributor

Hi 👋🏼 @sion Welcome to the forum 

@Jynx @Ru-bee or @tyme might be around somewhere.

G

Hey Chicklette,

Oh my goodness, so many ingredients, you must be an interesting dish! (I see your diagnosis and it reminds me of food labels) (I hope this doesn’t offend, I mean no offense just perhaps I can understand or imagine your struggle viscerally)

You like to sew? I got an el cheapo sewing machine for Christmas about 5 years ago and I never touched it. I loved to sew as a kid. 
I’m trying to try things, to make more of my life. 
maybe we can be a hobby circle? What are you sewing? Can I try and try a basic sew with you? Maybe everyone has an interest in sewing and we can all make a square and quilt the greatest quilt that ever quilted? Quilt is such an odd word in writing! 
Thankyou for being here 🙂

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance