Skip to main content
sion
New Contributor

hello!!

hi there!

whilst i also struggle with my own mental health conditions, i also have a number of close friends and family members who struggle with mental illness so would appreciate all the support and insight i can from differing perspectives!

family-wise i have grown up being exposed to my immediate and some extended family have substance abuse disorders and i have close friends who have a range of mental/developmental health conditions including GAD, SAD, MDD, C-PTSD, BPD, ADHD, ASD, tic disorder, Bipolar disorder, PTSD, ED's, substance abuse disorder, etc. 

with openness with my friends, i believe we generally have good communication systemsc where we can frankly express when we are having a hard time with our mental health conditions and how this may be affecting us (struggling to reply/with motivation vs need for support), but again, would love the added insight of other perspectives of carers/supporters so i can do my best by them too! 💪😁

all the best to all of you for trying to do your best with how to support your loved ones, but also recognising you also need support and to look after yourself too!
♡ sion ♡

1 REPLY 1

Re: hello!!

Oh my goodness, the mental energy it takes from me, walking on eggshells and paying bills. Making sure the gas is off. And I’m doing things correctly, and the carpet is clean. Immaculate immaculate they say It makes me sad. I’m so good at the small stuff, my mental illness is me. It’s my personality, I feel defective. I’m at home because I need a safe place. I want to burn down cities, I want to be a warlord and take prisoners.