Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

jamesle2015
Senior Contributor

Anyone going away - even for one day -

I am going on Saturday afternoon -

about one hour and a half in the car -

getting  a lift from a relative

7 REPLIES 7

Re: Anyone going away - even for one day -

Hello @jamesle2015

hello yes we live in the hills/country and are going out for the day visiting different families, about an hour drive down . we leave earlyish in the morning to avoid the lunchtime rush.

i hope you enjoy your afternoon

you are always welcome one here to express your thoughts - no judgement on here.

we all have different experiences and are willing to read posts and respond. Please feel safe on here, write as much as you want.

looking forward to hearing back how your afternoon went.

take care friend, safe journey

Mohill

Good to get a reply 🙂

Hope you are well

I got there after 5PM and stayed until after 10PM..

Had felt a  bit of anxiety on the way there - I was sitting in the back but  it was not an 'attack' -

didn't tell anyone in the car - I distracted myself with mobile phone for a few minutes

someone was talking about something that they were not happy about so that didn't help...

not used to being on the freeway but the feeling went away after a few minutes

took about 45 minutes on the freeway....are we allowed to mention where we went in this forum? 🙂

I live in one of the Eastern States and it's been hot last couple of days...won't cool down for a few days

the food was good

didn't go anywhere - stayed inside the house

family gathering so it was about the same as it was in previous years....I was sitting there not talking...

listening to others talk

I sang a couple of songs and had to do a small reading and sing one or two lines and that was all

Wish I could go back to work...know it sounds odd but I have nothing much to do at home

going to do some shopping later....Boxing Day today....

Feel more useful at work even if it will be quiet there's still something to do

@jamesle. Do you have any hobbies? I find my craft hobbies help me cheer up and it passes the time.
Sorry to hear about your anxiety. I get it too sometimes. Well done for finding a good coping strategy. I drink water, have a shower, or a lie down. Though that's not always possible, like being in the car. Phones are great for keeping us occupied. Anyway, it's great that you got some time away

Na! Stone broke, spent 1200 on Care Rego and new tyres last fortnight and have to laugh that I can't afford to put petral in it to drive anywhere, cracks mW up, sitting here by myself, grounded. But there's @Faith-and-Hope 's 'FarAway' European travel thread and others here all over the country, and little internet tours. Sorry, just had to say 🙂

I'm going away for two nights to the gold coast hinterland with my gf for Valentine's Day. Thankfully school will be back in so hopefully it won't be too crowded.

Hi @plasmo .....

Just tagging you from this thread in case you're interested ....

As @Former-Member mentioned above, I am travelling in Europe at the moment. Let me know if you want me to tag you into my travel thread ....

😊

hello @jamesle2015

Thanks for coming back and responding. Always nice to hear how person managed.

Sounds like to me you handled that very well. Given:

someone was talking about something that they were not happy about so that didn't help...

not used to being on the freeway but the feeling went away after a few minutes

You have some strategies in place good to hear. not as easy as it sounds either.

As for going back to work.

Are there any friends you could contact and suggest an outing? Beach, swimming, picture theatre, eight ball, snooker, bowling?  listen to some music, watch a dvd, play cards, something you could spend time doing with another person.

if not would you go an watch a film on your own? plenty of people do especially during the day. Go for a swim on your own? walk?

just thinking that you sound bored and that is why you want to go back to work however once back at work you will be looking forward to your next holidays.

Perhaps look at it that perspective. You are back at work. you have not had holidays for some time. what would you most look forward to doing?

hope that helps a little

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance