Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Doctor availability impacting on medication.

@A_Nonie-Moss hi!

Being without meds is no fun at all. 

Firstly, if you are worried about how your body is responding, you can give nurse on call a call on 1300 60 60 24. I've called them just for some advice on coping with anti-depressant withdrawals before and they had some practical advice. 

Secondly, are any of the ideas above helpful? You could use HotDoc to find a telehealth GP and they can send the script to the pharmacy. I have family who live regional and they mostly do telehealth because of the difficulty in getting appointments! 

What do you think of the suggestions so far?

The suggestions I'm getting are good and helpful. I appreciate and can and will action some. Sorry if I'm a little disjointed I'm struggling with a young adult having issues of their own.

Don't apologise @A_Nonie-Moss you are doing amazing. Just take in what feels comfortable and action what you feel you can right now. Above all be kind to yourself. Be extra kind to yourself if you're trying to support someone else right now, that's a lot and you're so amazing for doing it. Keep checking in, so many peeps here to support you through this!

@A_Nonie-Moss I've never been on them but SANE has a carer forum as well as thelived experience forum. If you are looking after a youngun with some troubles it might be a really good resource and source of advice

Not just 1 youngen. We're all spicey in my household. And I'm the zookeeper trying to keep it all together 

Haha yep I come from a spicy family too. Somebody is always in crisis. Hang in there @A_Nonie-Moss and use everyone and everything available to support you through this. We're all resources here to support! 

Hey @A_Nonie-Moss you can do e-scripts these days via e-mail or to your mobile phone.  You could have a phone appt with your GP and get them to send you an e-script which you then forward to your local chemist via e-mail or your phone.  

E-scripts are easy to do. I just ask my GP for one to be sent to me via e-mail and then I just forward it onto my chemist. Its not difficult

Thank you everyone.

I have decided to get an appointment at a clinic in the town an hour away for Friday.

While this means a minimum of 3 more days unmedicated it is the most logical decision from a financial standpoint and a forward thinking standpoint as I can do the initial face-to-face that a lot of clinics require on Friday as I already have to be in that town for a pediatriation appointment for my youngest spicy and then I can do telehealth with this clinic in the future AND they bulk bill which makes them somewhat akin to hens teeth. 

And they according to they're online booking they always keep a certain amount of appointments free for "on the day" call ins.

Thank you all so much for your advice.

Hello @A_Nonie-Moss 

how are you going today 

@SmilingGecko , @LeChuck , @Eve7 

Not doing  great. Ran out of AntiDs last Tuesday so I'm physically and mentally feeling awful and after getting stuff-arsed about trying to get a telehealth appointment to get new scripts i just kinda gave up so now I figure stuff it I'll just take the bits I  have left (mood stabilisers and weak anti physchotics) and then once their out I'm out and I'll just go non-medicated because I'm exhausted trying to jump through hoops for meditation.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance