Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: GRATITUDE

Hi @tonys 

Were you in the Army my old mate?

I served in 1988.

Meggle

Hello meglle  @Oaktree   OH  was just closing the place up and ping,   Now why are you not safely tucked in bed.  Mate  I could tell straight off,  you had some fibre in you.  That unspoken word that smooths the trust hairs on the back of the neck back down.    and I'm so proud of you,  and I hope the country paid you back in spades.

But for me. .    Well I was born in central Africa many years ago.  White man in  a place where we didnt belong.   I found my self going back later in life, in   a    "capacity"   that I'm not proud off,  and  I  left those memories buried there.    So I  found, not thinking on it,  has worked best for me.

Spent the next 40 plus years on the move,  always working at this n that.  and being surprisingly very happy,  Most exposed to conflict don't seem to fare anywhere as well as me.

So   I do hope you are well and the sounds that fill your dreams are children's laughter.

I would love you to tell me all about your life though.  and please,  don't go thinking it'll

trigger me or something.   I"m deployed on very  solid terrain. and love a good yarn,  I learn from folks sharing with me.

Now. . .   forgot to ask last post,   How's your poor hubby's Knee.  Boy oh boy.

you get to our age and you think your still at war. . .  hey.   

Well I'll hunker down for the night and look forward to hearing a bit more detail or whatever you wish to share.          tonys...   mb 1

Hi @tonys 

I will answer you over in introduction. No need to bore the pants off everybody with my story. Actually it’s hard to think what to include. As for being awake, I live in Western Australia so it was probably still relatively early for me.

Meggle

hello @Gillie1 , how are you doing tonight my friend 

sitting with you 

Hi @Shaz51 

Feeling grateful for Cookie. Also working out how to be a responsible puppy mum

Got scared out at the park and that interfered but it was big just being out there.

Feeling better every day but each time I take a step forward I get scared and experience self judgment. Not good enough,  Not doing enough. Not safe yet.

Accidently stood on puppies paw just a little while ago so physically shaking in guilt over that.

I'm also scared of what my neighbor is saying about me still. I don't want to go down the path of saying all the crap she has impacted me with because it won't achieve anything. Just create more conflict but I feel defenseless against it.

I know she has made accusations that just aren't true but don't know most of the details. 

We need to work out how to coexist for the sake of both our dogs.

So my patterns of thinking and social stressor haven't changed as much as I'd like.

At the same time Cookie discovered Ice cubes tonight and that was just totally hilarious.

Positive and negative intensive at the same time.

Brain fizz.

Does that help?

How about you?

what kinds of furbabies have you got @Gillie1 

awww cookie 😍

Cookie is a new puppy 🐶 she has changed my world turned it upside down and inside out in the last 10 days. In a good way. 

This is her watching Dog TV on YouTube.  

20230424_202002~2.jpg

How about you @Shaz51 ?

No furbabies at the moment @Gillie1 but I have had dogs, cats, birds, fish, Guinea pigs xx

@Shaz51 @We used to have guinea pigs they were so cute as babies long haired so as they grew they were little round fluff balls. Sort of like the Ghibli soot sprites. 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance