Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Recovery Wins

New win for me today.

After a really challenging month at work the boss gave me a card with a nice message and a gift card. 

It wasn't that long ago that I spent most of the day at work staring out the window and thinking about that 'thing.' Now I feel like I'm right on my game at work. While its stressful I'm handling it really well (couldn't say that in the past).  

I dunno not many of my friends would get this. 

How's everyone else going?

That's fabulous @mrkotter.  It's not just great, it sounds grounded.  Sustainable.  Well done you.

@suzanne yeah that and it's not manic energy either. It's nice.

What fabulous news @mrkotter
I have felt a similar way in the workplace. I so understand you saying you're handling it teally well and that it's not a manic energy either.

Perhaps it's what others would say is 'normal', whatever that is. My way of expressing it is to say that I feel comfortable in my own skin. It's a space I treasure and I don't take advantage of this feeling either. For this reason I know that it's not a manic nor even an hypomanic energy.

I must say it's something very special. I'm so very happy for you.
Hugs

Hi, I got bipolar too, I'm 38 years old, 16 years I'm suffering. I am on meds and go doctor every two month, have 3 kids and a wonderful husband. Work as a PCA looking after ederly people and cleaning a school for 12 hours a day. Bipolar it's a pain in the butt, I got depressive episodes every two weeks of every months, it's very difficult for me to work when I'm down but I never miss a day, I force myself and do my best but my ability change, I can't concentrate, I'm a bad driver, I lose confidence in every aspect of my life. Bipolar it's different for everyone.

@Lissette awesome! Keep winning!

What's my recovery win?

I think my biggest win is successfully completing a Cert IV in mental health and peer work, despite having a lapse of schizophrenia halfway through. Nearly threw in the towel with the course, but with a lot of support and soul searching, I got there! Now I'm doing my Diploma of mental health and AOD before hoping to get into University to study Social work. 

Go go go @ Queenie! You're doing fabulously and you will love the social sciences at uni. I started with social science but transferred to psychology after the first year.

Thanks @Kurra. I hope to enjoy it too. My first time around at Uni, I messed around a lot and discovered the social scene at Uni. Not too much study got done lol. Now as a mature age student, I've got all that behind me, so I think I will take it a lot more seriously.

It's a very common story @Queenie.
Mature age study is so much easier. The extra life experience makes a huge difference too.
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance