Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: The magic of tidying

Thanks, @Dimity . I think it's important to recognise when we're not up to it, like you say. 

I'm anxious as my neighbour who owns the shed where I have about 30 boxes is thinking of moving out. That would force me to take everything out and sort through it in a hurry. I'm hoping she'll decide to stay. 

Yes we have to pace ourselves @NatureLover .

I can understand your concern over the boxes. You still might be able to chip away at them until she goes... if she goes. For a while I had some boxes in self storage. My current arrangement re a lot of  boxes and some furniture is up in the air at the moment too, and access is difficult. 

For the moment I'm going to try to stay on top of things day by day, not only for my own sake, but for others I'm trying to help.  

Chipping away at the boxes in the shed would be ideal, not to mention sensible...but I'm not sure I have the drive at the moment...I'm all out of puff. I guess I psyched myself up all year to spend summer doing decluttering, which I did. I guess I'll wait to hear what my neighbour decides to do, then hopefully I'll still have some time to work on the shed before she actually leaves...

@Dimity wrote:

My current arrangement re a lot of  boxes and some furniture is up in the air at the moment too, and access is difficult.

This sounds difficult, @Dimity . Do you have a time pressure to remove your things from there? 

.. hi guys am planning an interstate trip, with a view to it becoming permanent , so 2 carloads of stuff , with first trip getting lay of land @Dimity @NatureLover @Delicatessen @SmilingGecko 

was supposed to be halfway there by today; appt had to book 4 weeks in advance in thurs was 'holding me up'  they rang at last minute saying oh come in tomorrow, too busy ... anyways ... now not locked in w dates. self created Pressure off a bit. started tidying/throwing stuff yest. Lucky, as had I stuck to original schedule, would not have done much at all, just throw things in car and drive. Guess that's easier sometime though hey...

Well done @TAB I am so proud of you for acting swiftly.  You have had a lot of achievements which you have done solo. Mainly your thyroid operation and the problems with your car around the time of your father's funeral. I hope you are able to secure a reasonably priced place and have people around you that support you.  Anyway good luck on your new adventure. Do you want me to answer an astrological question for you again? Do you have any questions you want answered? Please provide a detailed question

.. yeah I forgot what I have done, plus trying to work as well, and moving and funeral and Wills and dole hassles ah ha ha lol @SmilingGecko  I was dreading going to consulate yest , its really out of the way for me in rich area other side of city, long trip, unfamilar, lots traffic and not too many options if miss turnoffs , anyway , got there ok yest, found a new way to get lost on way home, they put a median strip in freeway, I was not concentrating so ended up on wrong side so drove past my exit , went like 15ks in boondocks lost cursed and swore the rest of the way home lol , only reason mentioned that was saying am bit too uptight lately, and that was good example, just making things hard for myself

oh .. and once got home realised they hadnt charged me, was supposed to pay $91 ha ha they just gave me the papers and I left , not thinking , well guess they forgot too

Yes you have made a LOT of progress especially with the inheritances and lawyers.  I think as we get older things can overwhelm us a lot.  I studied a healer who said the liver is like your protector organ and if you feel affected by outside energy then it could be you liver. I used to go to a cafe and it had a pokies venue attached and the sounds from there used to really affect me. It came at a time when I had an astrological transit that said I would feel as if energy was seeping into my pores from outside influences.  I knew from my healing book it was my liver so did liver detox for a couple of years and outside influences did not affect me anymore. Another thing I did recently was to strengthen my aura. Around the time of that transit I used to go into doctors waiting rooms for eg. and the energy there of sick people plus the patient TV blaring used to throw me off so I strengthened my aura and could sit there in the waiting room without getting flustered @TAB 

Good luck with the tidying/throwing stuff @TAB . You must be living pretty minimally already after your time in the van. Good work sorting the phone, it's a pretty essential item these days. I have a Samsung and I should find out how to back up my contacts.

@NatureLover no there's no cut-off date but there's pressures and the situation is complicated with no easy solutions... a close relationship is at stake and there'll be many repercussions whatever I decide. 

The last couple of days has been weirdly synchronistic in that my son and I am on the "same level" re tidying.  Not me in mum nag mode.  Phew ... but him chipping away doing his own sort to suit his own needs.  

@Delicatessen @NatureLover @TAB @SmilingGecko @Dimity 

Its been a delicate balancing act, not to put him off entirely.  Anyhows my kitchen looks good for a little while AND he asked me to show him how to clean the stove!  Next time ...

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance