Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Walking for Wellness

Sounds wonderful @Delicatessen 

I am officially jealous.

The smell of freshness after rain is amazing! I need to get out in nature and get back into hiking. I am really out of shape though. Not sure if I could tackle a hill.

Meggle

Hi Everyone I went for a hike first thing this morning for a few hours. It rained heavily for a good part of it so I got drenched. Only started to feel cold when I stopped. But the views were amazing - it’s funny how things look quite different both during and after rain. Small rivers formed throughout along with fairly sizeable puddles throughout. Definitely still worth doing.

And then I congratulated myself with a hot cross bun and steaming cup of coffee…

The hike this morning sounds lovely @Delicatessen.

Meggle

Hi @Delicatessen @Dimity @TAB @Historylover @SmilingGecko 

How are you guys? It’s been a while since I checked in here. Unfortunately I have again fallen off the walking bandwagon. I was wondering how you guys were doing. Perhaps you can encourage me out of my house again? 
Sorry I have been missing in action!

Meggle

I'm still managing to walk just about every day @Oaktree . I miss it when I don't do it. Yesterday was too wet. 

Good going @Dimity 

You are a great example!

I have been struggling with motivation lately.

Meggle

..embarrassed myself w 16 years older f friend re walking @Dimity @Oaktree  I had to ask to stop couple times. 

And moaned about getting in and of out of futon lol

More at self than bed lol

However

My walking 'ability' was near average for me for 20 years ago lol

Well at least you were out walking @TAB 

Even if you couldn’t keep up.

I am feeling my age lately when I get up and down.

Meggle

I've worked hard to make it part of my routine @Oaktree which means I don't need to feel motivated as such. I wish I could do the same with other things! Maybe I just need to keep trying.

Definitely keep trying @Dimity 

I am going to go back and read through some of your other thread to try and motivate myself re cleaning. Just gotta make small steps each day.

Meggle

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance