Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: new years eve thoughts

Scuse my sista @Former-Member @BlueBay @Kurra and @notmyrealname1

she has just found her locus of control ...  .. or  ... she is drunk 

Happy NY to yall

Former-Member
Not applicable

hello @Former-Member

so encouraging to read how comfortable you are within your own skin.

that is a huge step forward in the myriad of feelings of emotional imbalance. do not want to call it mental illness, or mental health today.

as @Kurra mentioned new years eve another man made hype.

@BlueBay you have been through a huge emotional turnover of circumstances and feelings. you are still with us fighting your corner. Weary perhaps, but resilient and brave.

In writing this response I am actually helping myself, i wrote a very morose piece on the far side re my son. I am finding it interesting that this is the side where i feel safer at the moment, not wearing the carer hat, the hat just doesnt fit.

I am going to listen to my own words of encouragement to others now. This is something that I am going to focus on moving forward. My words of encouragement flow for others, at the same time my depression is trying so forcefully to overcome me. A very powerful battle. I am acknowledging that I can be aware of this battle, I will survive, I may be battered, weary, bruised but no permanent damage will be allowed. therefore I hope in stating this I will allay my anxiety. Remember as I calmed @Former-Member. Breathe.

apologies in advance for my rantings. I just find this so helpful rather than burying my emotions as I have done for so long. writing means the world to me at the moment.

so if you find this too morose, or triggering please do not absorb my comments.

Breathe

Former-Member
Not applicable

hello @Former-Member

How are you?

Were you able to cope reasonably well with the last 48 hours?

If you feel up to it sharing your thoughts might help.

If you can releasing your feelings in writing is more helpful in the long run than internalising them.

I learnt this the hard way in my life.

There was nothing available not even lifeline when i was young.

mental illness was not even spoken about let alone acknowledged.

mentally ill meant crazy and institutions.

We have come a long way when I think of it in that perspective. There is still so much more that needs to be done.

Thinking of you xx

Former-Member
Not applicable

Hi @Former-Member sorry it's taken so long to get to reply. A few days on and I'm back to not being able to think about the future, still just surviving one day at a time. I don't think I can have plans yet.
I saw somewhere you are still finding it very difficult at the moment. I'm so sorry things haven't picked up. You have a lot of stress and worries on your plate. I hope the medication helps a bit for now. Do you see a psychologist at the moment, I'm sorry I can't remember. I hope you find some peace and reprieve soon with your depression. 💜🤗
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance