Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

LR14
New Contributor

BPD, C-PTSD, Depression and anxiety, Unemployment

*TRIGGER WARNING*

Hi so I'm new here and currently am in a situation that has me stuck and anxious. 

I just wanted some advice.

I have a history of depression and anxiety steming from the age of 5. And was diagnosed with BPD and C-PTSD October last year after my 22nd b'day. 

My childhood could've been worse but I wasn't sure what I had was any better anyway. My parents back then were in a toxic relationship and dad was always drinking and taking his frustrations out on me and my siblings. Our family is broken and barely functioning. 

I've been doing my best to be better but it's still crap and I'm spiraling again. It's frustrating because I want to go somewhere with me and my siblings. But I also just want to sleep and never wake up.

Right now I really want to get out of my parents house. But I have an unhealthy cycle that goes like this:

1. Get a job/start a course everyone is happy.

2. Can't maintain it, stop going.

3. Lie tell everyone I am.

4. Pressure and guilt builds, emotions go haywire.

5. Depression and anxiety skyrockets.

6. Plan and attempt escape from life. 

7. Everyone finds out.

8. Go to psych ward.

9. Release and everyone thinks I'm fixed. 

10. Repeat.

It's a cycle that started in 2018 when I had my first major break down and everyone including my family finally knew about my anxiety and depression. 

I have been through multiple therapies and medications. Never been consistent truthfully. I've had a job in nearly every industry with a habit of disappearing between the second day or after 2 weeks.

I've had multiple attempts that no one knows about. I'm an introvert at heart so don't have a lot of people I know. The ones I do, I feel if I say where I'm at now, they're all just tired of my shit and well so am I. 

I'm desperately trying to find a reason to keep going. I feel selfish for even saying these things but honestly that's where I'm at right now. And I'm tired of pretending otherwise. I just don't know where or who to go too anymore. 

1 REPLY 1

Re: BPD, C-PTSD, Depression and anxiety, Unemployment

Hi there @LR14 

It sounds like you have a lot going on for you, and are getting stuck in traumatising cycles, I'm so sorry for that. 

Are you seeing a regular therapist? This is something I know I need to do. I have been horrible with not consistently showing up to therapy. 

Know I'm thinking of you and I know what it's like to feel in crisis. I've found Dr. Chris Palmer a Harvard psychiatrist to have a lot of ideas and lifestyle suggestions that have helped me become stable in the past. Maybe this is something you could look into. There's always hope, even if it's a tiny bit of hope. Don't give up. 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance