Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

justanotherguy
Senior Contributor

Dirty laundry

Just to point out, early on when I came to this forum I got a strange mix of responses, replies & discussions. Having grown up with all sorts of miscreants in my life, I gathered quite a few of them were actually up to no good, and only hovering around this forum to further victimise genuinely good people & me. There are not many good people left in this world. I'm serious, the future of any sort of humanity on this planet is shaky at best. It's hard to row the boat when it's full of clowns & idiots trying to sink it.

Don't be afraid to love the future. I do. I don't want the alternative for another 40 years yet.

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Dirty laundry

Hi @justanotherguy 

You are right, love the future ahead of you. It is always positive to have good things to look forward to, sometimes that is what can spur us on to keep going, day by day.

Take care 🙂

Jynx
Peer Support Worker

Hey @justanotherguy sounds like you had a pretty crappy experience when you first joined us. I'm glad you're still here. We've really moved toward a Peer Support framework to promote lived experience being the foundation of community discussion and support. I hope it feels safer for you now. 

Agree, looking to the future with hope is an incredibly powerful thing to have 💜

@justanotherguy wrote:

I gathered quite a few of them were actually up to no good, and only hovering around this forum to further victimise genuinely good people & me. 

@justanotherguy  I'm sorry you've had that experience. I have never got that feeling from the forums here, not in the 3 years I've been here. I don't believe anyone on here is out to victimise anyone, it's more a matter of different life experiences people have had that make them respond differently. And yes, people do speak out of their own hurt sometimes. 

I personally know a lot of good people in this world, thankfully. But yes, you are right, looking forward to the future is a good thing. 

Hi @justanotherguy 

Good to see you around again. I was one of the people who always responded to you when you first joined and always enjoyed the topics you raised and the conversations that followed. I have to throw in my 2 cents worth and say that I always thought the responses from other members were caring and supportive towards you. I only saw genuine words and never considered anyone to be hovering around looking to further victimise people. I'm sorry that was your experience and do not want to invalidate your feelings in any way so I hope you accept my opinion for just that. Totally value your input about your experience. 

If you want to talk further about specific examples of out of place things that were said to you I'm happy to talk. I always considered your posts and comments to others as considered, measured, and supportive so really saw you as a valued member of the community. 

Anyway, enough of me rambling on....feel free to jump in and have a chat!

Hanami

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance