Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

charcharbinks66
New Contributor

Everything is very loud :(

I was told by a psychiatrist that i have BPD around three years ago. It was something i hadn’t even considered a possibility until it was brought to my attention; mostly because it felt like such a scary diagnosis and was not something i was ready to accept. 

It’s been some time since then, and i still struggle with accepting how much having BPD impacts my life every single day. 
My thoughts are so loud. They never stop or slow down. They are frantic and overwhelming. My thoughts often overlap, like listening to hundreds of radio stations all at once. Constant negative, paranoid and distraught voices consume my brain every second that i am conscious. It’s exhausting and I can’t make it stop. Does anyone have any advice? I am at a loss for how to cope with this. It feels like someone is sitting on my chest and screaming in my ears at every moment of every day. 

I’m sorry to anyone else who resonates with this. Know that i understand you, and I am here for you. 

much love, stay safe ❤️ 

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Everything is very loud :(

I have BPD @charcharbinks66 .

It may be very loud and difficult now, but it doesn't have to stay like that. I've seen the 'other' side. 

From being at death's door to now thriving, it's been an incredible journey.

Don't let negative voices hold you down. 

You are greater that all those voices.

Re: Everything is very loud :(

Welcome, @charcharbinks66 , it's good to have you here. You've come to somewhere where people understand. I don't have BPD myself (I have 6 MIs, mental illnesses, but not that one), but many people here have BPD. 

I'm really sorry to hear about your relentless thoughts, it sounds so hard to cope with and utterly exhausting 😞

Do you have a psychologist who could help you with strategies? 

An important forum tip is if you type @ and then click on a name in the drop-down box, that person will get a notification and won't miss your reply.

I hope you find the forums supportive...

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance