Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Elizabeth72
Casual Contributor

I am afraid of my husband.He may be psychotic again

Hello,this is my first post after hours of struggle through the tech.

I am afraid my husband is psychotic again after drinking high amounts of alcohol .Not sure if he is still taking his medications..He is highly agitated and ANGRY.

says he doesnt care about anything…except where he will be buried…I am really frightened.

3 REPLIES 3

Re: I am afraid of my husband.He may be psychotic again

Hi and welcome to the forums, @Elizabeth72  🙂 It's good to have you here.

Well done for battling the technology. 

Your situation sounds frightening. Would your husband get angrier with you if you called the police?

Another thing you can do is post your post above on SANE's other forum, linked at the very top of this page under "Forums Community". It's called the Friends, Family and Carers Forum and I'll also put the link here: Friends, Family and Carers Forum . People there may well have been in the very same situation as you. 

Also, what sort of support do you yourself have? Friends, family or professional support? Like a trusted GP, psychologist or counsellor?

You can also ring the SANE helpline 10am - 8pm on 1800-187-263 for more advice. 

If your husband is violent or abusive towards you then you can contact 1800-RESPECT for advice, counselling and support, 1800-737-732.

Good luck, @Elizabeth72 ...

Thankyou….

I dont know if I am over reacting….Its scary but I have PTSD from his previous episodes…

Hi @Elizabeth72 ,

I'm sorry you have found yourself in this space. 

How is he now? I'm wondering if you are able to call your area mental health or triage and have a chat to them. It will help to assess what's happening for him and whether he is taking his medication.

It doesn't mean you are over reacting. I read that he is very agitated and angry. 

It's important that you feel safe. If you feel unsafe at any time, please call 000.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance